+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2020

a.abhiman

Oct 27, 2020
My NOC Code is 5121, and i am apply myself. Please Send your Query
Thank you bro. I'm a vfx artist. Can we talk on private chat. Please find me on FB. My name is abhiman niimain.

I need advice on how to show funding and from when. I would like to talk also if possible. I'm from Mumbai

nishant.t

Sep 30, 2018
Mumbai, India
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Mumbai
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Thank you bro. I'm a vfx artist. Can we talk on private chat. Please find me on FB. My name is abhiman niimain.

I need advice on how to show funding and from when. I would like to talk also if possible. I'm from Mumbai
I have added you. I can explain you about this. I am also applying.

Reactions: a.abhiman

PRODYSSEY18

Mar 9, 2021
I applied in the self-employed stream in late summer 2018, receiving AOR early September 2018. That is it. Zero progress since then. Nobody can explain to me why this is the case. Eventually I managed to get in touch with my partner’s MP’s office in Canada (I have been living in Canada for 3+ years and have also applied for common law). They were able to tel me last month that the application is STILL UNOPENED ALL THESE YEARS LATER! I used an immigration lawyer and have spoken to them and other Immigration Lawyers who say they have had clients who applied in the same way as me long after I did and received answers.
cannot work, cannot get a doctor’s appointment. Seems nobody can explain or help.

Vicentejoa

Mar 11, 2021
Hey everyone, musician here, did all by myself. My application was recieved on July 2020. Got a temporary UCI and a confirmation that they received it. Currently self-employed in canada already because I came on a student Visa. I would like to continue to work here while waiting for my results, what kind of work permit could I apply? I heard about the International Mobility program for self employed people. Any help?

PRODYSSEY18

Mar 9, 2021
Hey everyone, musician here, did all by myself. My application was recieved on July 2020. Got a temporary UCI and a confirmation that they received it. Currently self-employed in canada already because I came on a student Visa. I would like to continue to work here while waiting for my results, what kind of work permit could I apply? I heard about the International Mobility program for self employed people. Any help?
Similar situation to you. I work in film, self-employed and applied through this stream.
really hard to get work permits on this stream. No bridging visa and work permit available as far as I know... I tried.
For me it was nearly impossible to qualify for the International Mobility Program. I work contract to contract whichcould be one day of work or a year. The system seems unprepared to facilitate contractors, more geared towards business owners. The examples of evidence they are; intending on renting office space, showing they will hire Canadian staff, register their business in Canada etc etc. I spoke to immigration lawyers both in Canada and in myoriginal country and the consensus was it wasn’t doable. I received AOR (confirmation) in September 2018. My application still remains unopened as of today. Not even started. The average processing time has gone to 29 months. According to local MP in Toronto, I’m still at the beginning of that very long time frame. Not to scare you, I may just be extremely unlucky.

nishant.t

Sep 30, 2018
Mumbai, India
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Mumbai
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Similar situation to you. I work in film, self-employed and applied through this stream.
really hard to get work permits on this stream. No bridging visa and work permit available as far as I know... I tried.
For me it was nearly impossible to qualify for the International Mobility Program. I work contract to contract whichcould be one day of work or a year. The system seems unprepared to facilitate contractors, more geared towards business owners. The examples of evidence they are; intending on renting office space, showing they will hire Canadian staff, register their business in Canada etc etc. I spoke to immigration lawyers both in Canada and in myoriginal country and the consensus was it wasn’t doable. I received AOR (confirmation) in September 2018. My application still remains unopened as of today. Not even started. The average processing time has gone to 29 months. According to local MP in Toronto, I’m still at the beginning of that very long time frame. Not to scare you, I may just be extremely unlucky.
Where are you located now?