+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2020

typeaimages

Star Member
Apr 1, 2020
This is good information to have, but I really wish they would publish the average amount of applications they get a year for each stream. That would give us a better look at statistical odds.

1000 entries a year is great if they're only getting, say, 2000 applicants a year under that stream.

Now, if it's 100,000 applicants, that looks more like a lost cause.

typeaimages

Star Member
Apr 1, 2020
This 1,000/yr includes start up and self employed, very limited amount.
But it's only really worthwhile to know how many business stream immigration applications there are. Like I said, put 1000 up against 400,000, it sounds terrible. But if there's a really low amount of business stream applications, like sub 5000, it's not really that bad.

Reactions: yinlei

typeaimages

Star Member
Apr 1, 2020
You have to figure, there's not a ton of people with the funds to use the entrepreneur stream or start up. There's not a ton of artists, musicians, etc. There's not a ton of world class athletes. It's not a oft-utilized stream....as opposed to EE, which is used by many.

MinhAnh

Dec 16, 2020
You have to figure, there's not a ton of people with the funds to use the entrepreneur stream or start up. There's not a ton of artists, musicians, etc. There's not a ton of world class athletes. It's not a oft-utilized stream....as opposed to EE, which is used by many.
That’s the point, in my country many people invest in the start up stream.

tanyaviola

Sep 28, 2020
This is good information to have, but I really wish they would publish the average amount of applications they get a year for each stream. That would give us a better look at statistical odds.

1000 entries a year is great if they're only getting, say, 2000 applicants a year under that stream.

Now, if it's 100,000 applicants, that looks more like a lost cause.
Yes...exactly!! I’d love to know how many applicants there are. Total, and how many business stream applicants....and how many self-employed applicants. I have looked and can’t find these numbers for any previous years. If only 2000 people apply for the business stream then I’ll be more optimistic! But if it’s 10,000.....not so much, LOL.

warwickfilm

Feb 20, 2021
Hello everyone!

I've been reading the old thread of self employed PR visas and thought I'd jump on this to ask a couple of somewhat niche questions regarding my application process. To give context I'm a freelance filmmaker based in Australia, been full time self employed for 8 years now, worked with high profile companies and people both here and overseas and most importantly held a 1 year US visa under a similar program as this (P1)

I have 3 questions. Firstly, due to my 1 year US visa, would that classify as "world class"? I've also worked with other companies in the US but from Australia if that makes sense.
Secondly. By pure coincidence I have a big job coming up that will give me a paycheque to place me in the position of funds needed for POF. Would that still be suspicious by Immigrant Officers as it came so suddenly? These jobs do happen, just more of a once in a blue moon kind of deal.
Lastly. For my NOC I qualify under 5222 and 5131 but I'm not sure which one to pick as they're both similar. I'm strong under camera operation but also direction so does it really matter between the two which I pick?

I hope just by giving this info I can get a better insight on the strength of my application and hopefully will give me a faster processing time than 24 motnhs

angelangel

Star Member
Jun 5, 2017
HI,

Please guide:
To proof self-employment- what documents are needed? Clint contracts, invoices, do we have to show taxation filed in our country? What if once doesn't have business account and fee was transferred to personal account?