+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2020

KEYURGP7

Apr 10, 2017
Any one received medical or bio metric request .. Feb 2020 AOR,, Still waiting
Hello
I got reply from cic that they have not record of my application.i have sent my application on 5th march and received by them on 11th march 2020.
Now they asked me to resend copy of application so i have sent today.
Lets see what will come out now.
I will suggest to fill webform asap.

Reactions: mamad611

typeaimages

Star Member
Apr 1, 2020
So is this still applicable? IRCC says if I'm coming from the US and get my COPR, I CAN enter Canada?

IRCC

@CitImmCanada

You can travel to Canada if your CoPR was approved after March 18, 2020 and you are travelling from the United States to settle and live in Canada. If you are a permanent resident with a CoPR that was approved before March 18, 2020, you can also travel to Canada.

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
So is this still applicable? IRCC says if I'm coming from the US and get my COPR, I CAN enter Canada?

IRCC
@CitImmCanada

You can travel to Canada if your CoPR was approved after March 18, 2020 and you are travelling from the United States to settle and live in Canada. If you are a permanent resident with a CoPR that was approved before March 18, 2020, you can also travel to Canada.
That may be the case indeed.
As far as I understand, not a soft landing though.

FasihJaved

Feb 2, 2021
Hello guys. I wanted to confirm a couple of things.

1. Is there a minimum amount that you have to earn to be eligible for self employed? I wasn't getting paid a lot in the beginning so i am afraid i might not be able to use those years as experience. I couldn't find this information anywhere.
2. Does the experience have to be related to your degree? I have a CS degree but i am a motion designer/video editor.
3. Does your experience have to be in one field? I am currently working on video editing but i did provide development and technical writing services a couple of years ago. I will be applying with the video editing NOC but i am confused about my other years that i spent doing development and technical writing. Can i use that as an experience or will they only consider experience specifically related to video editing?

Any help will be appreciated. I couldn't find this information but feel free to share the links if these things are mentioned somewhere.
Thanks.

a.abhiman

Oct 27, 2020
Dear all,
I've a query regarding proof of funds.

An old couple who love me like their son, want to gift me money for my settlement in Canada.
So is it acceptable by authority if a non blood relative gifts you a huge amount of money out of affection??

Kindly give any link or reference regarding this.. Thank you all guys and best wishes

a.abhiman

Oct 27, 2020
Hello everyone!

I submitted my Self-employed application (Producer) in Jan 2020, and completed biometrics in March 2020.

I prepared the documentation all by myself. I did not hire any immigration lawyer.

Just waiting now. Timeline end is estimated to be Nov 2021.
Brother,
I'm applying as a script writer. I'm also applying without any help.
Kindly guide.

Shall I have to show settlement fund when filing the application or I have to show when I will get an invitation to apply.

Since the processing time is nearly 2 years, I'm asking this. Shall I have to keep money(8, 00,000) in fixed deposit from the day I'm applying?

JackMax

Feb 9, 2021
Dear all,

My documents were reached on 29 December 2020. I've not gotten AOR yet. I sent the application via courier service (Pony Express) from Russia.
Do I need to write through the web-form and ask for the documents?

Thanks.