Jan 24, 2021
Toronto
Category........
BUSINESS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-09-2019
Hello
My AOR date is Sept 19, 2019 and my IELTS date was in March 2019 and submitted along with the app. Current expected date shows Aug 19, 2021.
I had 3 questions:
1) IELTS validity is 2 years - Does this get counted at the time of submitting the app for PR or for the entire process time? In other words, do I have to retake the IELTS if the PR doesn't come before the 2 years is over?
2) I had applied for my PR manually from within Canada and am presently staying in Canada after receiving extension thanks to COVID. I got a request for medicals after submitting my visitor extension app. Does this get counted towards the PR as well?
3) At what point in the process do they send request for medicals?
Thanks for responding :)

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
Hello
My AOR date is Sept 19, 2019 and my IELTS date was in March 2019 and submitted along with the app. Current expected date shows Aug 19, 2021.
I had 3 questions:
1) IELTS validity is 2 years - Does this get counted at the time of submitting the app for PR or for the entire process time? In other words, do I have to retake the IELTS if the PR doesn't come before the 2 years is over?
2) I had applied for my PR manually from within Canada and am presently staying in Canada after receiving extension thanks to COVID. I got a request for medicals after submitting my visitor extension app. Does this get counted towards the PR as well?
3) At what point in the process do they send request for medicals?
Thanks for responding :)
1. "Your test results must not be more than two years old at the time that you submit your application." so no need to retake it unless you are required to do so.

2. They probably share the same platform for all IMEs... but I don't know. Haven't heard of it before.

3. For self employed persons program, usually after eligibility has passed and when they move on to phase 2: admissibility. Having that said, there have been cases where the application got refused after medicals, so... can't say for sure.

Reactions: Nomadturtle

Nomadturtle

Jan 24, 2021
Toronto
Category........
BUSINESS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-09-2019
1. "Your test results must not be more than two years old at the time that you submit your application." so no need to retake it unless you are required to do so.

2. They probably share the same platform for all IMEs... but I don't know. Haven't heard of it before.

3. For self employed persons program, usually after eligibility has passed and when they move on to phase 2: admissibility. Having that said, there have been cases where the application got refused after medicals, so... can't say for sure.
Thanks for replying. I just feel there ought to be more transparency in the entire process and a slightly detailed breakdown of the timelines & completion thereof. Saves everybody a lot of anxiety and uncertainty!

Frankie Wong

Jan 24, 2021
Dear all. I applied from Hong Kong. Application received on 21 December 2020 and got the temporary AOR in mid January. I have heard some early successful cases that they have already got the COPR (confirmation of permanent residence) but have not been allowed to enter Canada yet. Thank you COVID.

Reactions: mamasvoice

mamasvoice

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-22-2020
Dear all. I applied from Hong Kong. Application received on 21 December 2020 and got the temporary AOR in mid January. I have heard some early successful cases that they have already got the COPR (confirmation of permanent residence) but have not been allowed to enter Canada yet. Thank you COVID.
Hello! Would you please tell us more about these 'early successful cases'? What are their timelines--when did they submit their application and when did they receive the COPR? Also, are they all from Hong Kong?

Last edited:

Frankie Wong

Jan 24, 2021
Hello! Would you please tell us more about these 'early successful cases'? What are their timelines--when did they submit their application and when did they receive the COPR? Also, are they all from Hong Kong?
Just other applicants met in a forum. They have got COPR but cannot immigrate to Canada in 2020. I think that they applied in 2018 or even earlier.

mamasvoice

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-22-2020
Just other applicants met in a forum. They have got COPR but cannot immigrate to Canada in 2020. I think that they applied in 2018 or even earlier.
I see. Are there people now who have been approved and successfully landed in Canada during the current pandemic?

Frankie Wong

Jan 24, 2021
I see. Are there people now who have been approved and successfully landed in Canada during the current pandemic?
Don’t know such persons. As you may know, those who write and seek help in a forum are mostly “sufferers” who either waiting to land or waiting to be approved.

mamasvoice

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-22-2020

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#approved

If we already approved your permanent resident application
If you’re outside Canada
Note: If your confirmation of permanent residence (COPR) is expired, follow these steps.

You won’t be allowed to enter Canada right now if you’re coming to validate your COPR and become a permanent resident, unless you are exempt from the travel restrictions.

You are exempt from the current travel restrictions and can come to Canada if you have a valid COPR, and

• the COPR was issued on or before March 18, 2020, or
  • the COPR was issued after March 18, 2020, and you are an immediate family member sponsored by a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (note that grandparents are not considered immediate family members and cannot come to Canada at this time), or
  • you’re currently living in the U.S. and will be coming to Canada directly (transiting through the U.S. to Canada doesn’t apply)

Reactions: mamasvoice

mamasvoice

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-22-2020
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#approved

If we already approved your permanent resident application
If you’re outside Canada
Note: If your confirmation of permanent residence (COPR) is expired, follow these steps.

You won’t be allowed to enter Canada right now if you’re coming to validate your COPR and become a permanent resident, unless you are exempt from the travel restrictions.

You are exempt from the current travel restrictions and can come to Canada if you have a valid COPR, and

• the COPR was issued on or before March 18, 2020, or
  • the COPR was issued after March 18, 2020, and you are an immediate family member sponsored by a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (note that grandparents are not considered immediate family members and cannot come to Canada at this time), or
  • you’re currently living in the U.S. and will be coming to Canada directly (transiting through the U.S. to Canada doesn’t apply)
Sis, you received your COPR, right? Are you still restricted from landing in Canada due to the pandemic?