+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2020

geezi

Jan 17, 2021
the NOC for graphic designer should be 5241
https://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getVD&TVD=314243&CVD=314244&CPV=5&CST=01012016&CLV=1&MLV=4&
which is within the definition

we do have cases here who DIY'd their applications and were approved.
hard to say whether it's hard or easy... it all depends on your experience and your intended occupation/ destination.
refer to IRCC's website on the program and the instruction guide for further information.
Thank you for such a quick response. I will spend some time understanding the details of the process and come back with specific questions.
If there are any links/resources that help understanding it better - do share!

geezi

Jan 17, 2021
There is a duration around 3 years I guess you should be involve din those activities. Yes graphic design is fine. Just spend more time with it reading around and you will get everything. YOu wil have some doubts ask community here. Dont spend on consultant if you can manage on your own. I did not and few others I know. Use the link send teh docs nicely filed. That is all I can answer for you. :)

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/application-permanent-residence-federal-self-employed-persons-quebec-selected-self-employed-persons.html
Yes I have been involved in graphic design for a long time so I think that should be okay. But I still have to understand how to show proof of self-employment? Do share if there are any links/resources for that.

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
Yes I have been involved in graphic design for a long time so I think that should be okay. But I still have to understand how to show proof of self-employment? Do share if there are any links/resources for that.
business registration record, contract, invoice, tax return, etc......... all kinds of docs that can legitimately prove your self employment experience

mamasvoice

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-22-2020
At a very preliminary stage where I am considering applying through self-employed program. The website says person can apply if they have -
  • taken part in cultural activities or athletics at a world-class level or
  • been a self-employed person in cultural activities or athletics
Any clarity on what is considered a cultural activity? Do occupations such as graphic design considered valid?

Also is this program easy to apply to ? Or is getting a consultant on-board critical? I already have the IELTS & WES cleared for EE application last year. In which case is it possible to go ahead and apply to self-employed on your own?
Hi, I wouldn't say this stream is easier than the others. It's all about whether a program is compatible with your occupation. Since I've been a self-employed artist for several years, I decided to apply here.

Did everything on my own, too. The advice I got from my relatives in Canada was to not to hire a consultant, since they did it all on their own as well. But it all depends on your specific case, as some might actually need one.

Here is what is meant by cultural activities: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=291&top=6
Creative design and visual arts jobs--including graphic design, I think--are applicable.

Nidhi@123

Jan 16, 2021
Yay! Me too.
I submitted my application in June 2020. Who else received the temporary application number lately?
I submitted my application in june 2020 but i did not receive the temporary application number
So anyone else who submitted file in june 2020 ?

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
I submitted my application in june 2020 but i did not receive the temporary application number
So anyone else who submitted file in june 2020 ?
1. Did you send your application by courier or by post? (Make sure it’s been signed for)
2. By yourself or through agent? (If through agent, check with them)
3. Have you checked your spam box yet?

mamasvoice

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-22-2020
Got my temporary AOR today!! (applied 1st week of Nov. 2020)
Great! Congrats to you and everyone who got (and will be getting) their AOR with the temporary UCI!

Glad that it looks like the pace is finally picking up. I read in the news that because immigration rates were so low in 2020 due to the pandemic, they're gearing up to bring in even more immigrants in the next few years than what had been previously planned.

Also, birth rates last year were at an all-time low, and a lot of temporary workers went back to their home country. They need people to boost the economy, and they need them FAST.

typeaimages

Star Member
Apr 1, 2020
Great! Congrats to you and everyone who got (and will be getting) their AOR with the temporary UCI!

Glad that it looks like the pace is finally picking up. I read in the news that because immigration rates were so low in 2020 due to the pandemic, they're gearing up to bring in even more immigrants in the next few years than what had been previously planned.

Also, birth rates last year were at an all-time low, and a lot of temporary workers went back to their home country. They need people to boost the economy, and they need them FAST.
I know Nova Scotia (where we hope to land) has a VERY old population that isn't being replaced with new births at a fast enough rate. May work in our favor.