Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-22-2020
Hey mate,
Thanks for your kind comment , my application was delivered by courier service on december 23rd, So you and I are in the same situation....lol Since I realized it can't be followed up via email so the only way is to wait , I think Just wish AOR send to our inbox sooner.
All the best
Hello, you're welcome! Yep, there's no other choice but to wait now. I know -- wishing too that the AOR would come sooner rather than later.

typeaimages

Star Member
Apr 1, 2020
Are we all working under the assumption that our applications are probably just sitting on a desk somewhere completely untouched until people are back in the offices in-person? I'm trying to just ignore the fact that we submitted so I can be surprised when we DO get an AOR......LOL

Taking my IELTS in a few weeks....our lawyer is going to send in the results from that to add to our application. I'm assuming the application hasn't even been opened. Sigh. Patience is not my greatest virtue.

mamasvoice

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-22-2020
Are we all working under the assumption that our applications are probably just sitting on a desk somewhere completely untouched until people are back in the offices in-person? I'm trying to just ignore the fact that we submitted so I can be surprised when we DO get an AOR......LOL

Taking my IELTS in a few weeks....our lawyer is going to send in the results from that to add to our application. I'm assuming the application hasn't even been opened. Sigh. Patience is not my greatest virtue.
I hope not! I think IRCC staff do go to the office physically but not all at the same time, as was the norm pre-covid.

I've read here in the forums that people have been getting approved throughout the pandemic, and that's a great sign--that though there are delays, things are moving.

Curious as to why you didn't take the IELTS before sending in your application. Was it a scheduling thing on the part of the test?

Reactions: NDDG

mamasvoice

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-22-2020
Hi all, I hope this message finds you well in your respective journies into Canada!

Quick question to all those before me:

My partner (a freelance editor) and I (writer/author) are wondering if it is required to have a university degree. I'm sure they benefit the applications, but are they mandatory?

Cheers, and here's to wishing you all a happy, healthy, and exciting New Year!
Happy New Year!

Degrees are not required but they sure do help with the points:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/self-employed/eligibility/selection-factors.html#education

typeaimages

Star Member
Apr 1, 2020
I hope not! I think IRCC staff do go to the office physically but not all at the same time, as was the norm pre-covid.

I've read here in the forums that people have been getting approved throughout the pandemic, and that's a great sign--that though there are delays, things are moving.

Curious as to why you didn't take the IELTS before sending in your application. Was it a scheduling thing on the part of the test?
The IELTS testing sites JUST opened in my area, and I jumped on the first one that I could get into. My lawyer said it was fine to send in the application and just send the test results when I get them, as they likely will not have even OPENED my application by the time the test is taken and "graded".

ParuMani

Star Member
Feb 23, 2020

Ircc is not processing any of the paper based applications.. Just select staff come to work.. Most work online and process online applications..

mamasvoice

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-22-2020
The IELTS testing sites JUST opened in my area, and I jumped on the first one that I could get into. My lawyer said it was fine to send in the application and just send the test results when I get them, as they likely will not have even OPENED my application by the time the test is taken and "graded".
Oh, man. What a number covid has done on the world. Hope that more testing sites open soon. Yes, that's true. They would not have even opened our applications yet.

mamasvoice

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-22-2020
Ircc is not processing any of the paper based applications.. Just select staff come to work.. Most work online and process online applications..
Sigh. I hope they don't completely ignore the paper applications.

Reactions: NDDG

typeaimages

Star Member
Apr 1, 2020
Anyone have any insight into when they MAY be going back into the office in Sydney to start processing paper applications? It's hard to know what's going on when you're in the midst of the hot mess here in the states. If our response to anything is any indication, those paper application will be lying dormant for months.

NDDG

Star Member
Feb 26, 2020
Hi, where did you get that information? I thought that things are slowly but moving... Or is it only for the applications submitted before the Covid "era"? Someone here wrote earlier that the spring (2020) applications should begin to enter the processing in early 2021...

Mayakassem

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Category........
BUSINESS
Anyone have any insight into when they MAY be going back into the office in Sydney to start processing paper applications? It's hard to know what's going on when you're in the midst of the hot mess here in the states. If our response to anything is any indication, those paper application will be lying dormant for months.
It seems that only self employed applications are hybernating. They are processing paper based applications for PNP who applied in 2020. We have to raise the voice.... Even on saturdays they received response.

Reactions: MinhAnh