+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2020

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
Not very encouraging news. I'm concerned about the police clearance certificates, which at a certain point they will expire.
It took a while and some money to get them and translate, especially because I lived in 3 different countries....
The latest AOR I read from here was for the applications received in February..

fasoola7321

Star Member
Oct 24, 2018
I would imagine IRCC would accept an expired document due to COVID. Just my guess. Who knows what a bureaucrat thinks.

sweelinck

Star Member
Aug 2, 2020
Poland
Category........
BUSINESS
I would imagine IRCC would accept an expired document due to COVID. Just my guess. Who knows what a bureaucrat thinks.
exactly, we can never know the logic behind bureaucracy.... but on the other hand, the delay is not our fault, isn't it?

ParuMani

Star Member
Feb 23, 2020
I applied for GCMS notes last month and received it yesterday.. Even after 8 months of "In Process"

Assessments
Eligibility: | "Not Started"
Security: | "Not Started"
HIRV:
Criminality: "In Progress"
Org Crime:
Medical: "Not Started"
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: "In Progress"

sweelinck

Star Member
Aug 2, 2020
Poland
Category........
BUSINESS
I applied for GCMS notes last month and received it yesterday.. Even after 8 months of "In Process"

Assessments
Eligibility: | "Not Started"
Security: | "Not Started"
HIRV:
Criminality: "In Progress"
Org Crime:
Medical: "Not Started"
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: "In Progress"
Does it mean that they are not working at any case at all?

ParuMani

Star Member
Feb 23, 2020
Does it mean that they are not working at any case at all?
Most online applications like Express-entry are getting Copr in 6 months.. Because of scanned documents they are working from remote locations and getting processed.. Paper based application is lying idle on their desks..

sweelinck

Star Member
Aug 2, 2020
Poland
Category........
BUSINESS
Most online applications like Express-entry are getting Copr in 6 months.. Because of scanned documents they are working from remote locations and getting processed.. Paper based application is lying idle on their desks..
pretty bad. Especially because all the certificates have an expiration date, I don't want to do the IELTS test again or pay for police certificates and tons of translations just because they closed everything!
We all did our part of the job, no? Is there a way to get in touch with them?

tanyaviola

Sep 28, 2020
So I went to Walgreens (tried 3 stores before getting someone to do it) to get the photos done. Well, I'm sure they'll ask us to redo them. But, for now, the photos are 2"x2 3/4" WITH the black strips on the top and bottom. Should I cut them to exclude the black strips or include them (black strips on top and bottom) and cut them to the correct size of 2"x2 3/4"?? Sending the application in tomorrow probably via UPS. Not sure how to cut the photos. Help.

sweelinck

Star Member
Aug 2, 2020
Poland
Category........
BUSINESS
So I went to Walgreens (tried 3 stores before getting someone to do it) to get the photos done. Well, I'm sure they'll ask us to redo them. But, for now, the photos are 2"x2 3/4" WITH the black strips on the top and bottom. Should I cut them to exclude the black strips or include them (black strips on top and bottom) and cut them to the correct size of 2"x2 3/4"?? Sending the application in tomorrow probably via UPS. Not sure how to cut the photos. Help.
What I did is going to a photographer with the IRCC specs, and he just did it very easily.
I picked them up the day after and he cut 5x7cm, having the face's size matching the specs.

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
Will cutting it affect the photography studio's info on the back of the photo?

tanyaviola

Sep 28, 2020
What I did is going to a photographer with the IRCC specs, and he just did it very easily.
I picked them up the day after and he cut 5x7cm, having the face's size matching the specs.
If only I could get a local photographer. I could not. So that's not an option. At least right now. If I have to redo them, I'll try again with a photographer.

Devinlok29

Oct 29, 2020
Hi everyone,

This thread has been very helpful in learning about this program. Could someone have a look at my profile and see if it's feasible to apply?

• I just graduated university with a Bachelor and seeking employment
  • I did 2 internships with Canadian companies, got paid well but only for 7 months
  • I was a volunteer writer for a local newspaper that focuses on Canadian culture and events for 3 years, not paid work
  • Currently doing freelance writing for other publications in Canada, though they don't pay a lot...
I'm a writer so I think the NOC code should be fine, but not sure about other parts like finances or job titles and experiences...

Any replies are appreciated!