+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2020

tanyaviola

Sep 28, 2020
We’ll be sending our completed application in the next week or two. We got our FBI checks and IELTS results will be ready at the end of the week. We still need photos...hoping AAA will do the odd size.
As for putting together the actual forms: We’ll print out and sign. I assume all the forms go first, no staples or anything, just separate pages. If we needed an extra sheet for a particular form, does that go with that form or at the end with the rest of the documents? It said to put all documents in a sealed envelope. Is that everything outside of the forms (tax docs, birth certificates, proof of income, bank statements, etc)? Cover letter should go on top of the forms, right? Sorry, just want to get it right. Thanks!

hoverboard

May 4, 2020
I used E2Language which was very good. You do need to prepare if you want maximum points, but I found IELTS more straightforward than the Pearson (Aussie) test.

Watch the writing section - there are very specific formats and terms for letter writing that they want to see. And you have a right to contest scoring if you disagree. I queried the writing mark, and it was successfully overturned.

I missed one question in the listening section, and you can't go back, so hit 8.5 / 9 overall, C2 level. I think your application will be much stronger for including it.

I decided to sign up for the IELTS despite likely having enough points for the Self Employed Stream. Figured it couldn't hurt.

Anyone here take the IELTS and how did you find it difficulty-wise being a native English speaker? I'm going to study as much as I can, but are there any good sources out there for practice tests, etc?

Keyur1610

Oct 21, 2020
I have sent my application on 5th march 2020. Received application on 11th march 2020.all
Most 7 months and still not received application number. I have only courier sign proof.application sent to federal self employed class,central intake office,nova scotia.
What can i do now in that case.i have tried many calls and filled web form but only getting general reply which saying that they dont have any information.once file number will generate than n than they can help me.
Any idea where i can contact or when central office will start to work.

UserNameChris

Sep 21, 2020
I have sent my application on 5th march 2020. Received application on 11th march 2020.all
Most 7 months and still not received application number. I have only courier sign proof.application sent to federal self employed class,central intake office,nova scotia.
What can i do now in that case.i have tried many calls and filled web form but only getting general reply which saying that they dont have any information.once file number will generate than n than they can help me.
Any idea where i can contact or when central office will start to work.
You are not alone, I am also in same situation. App received march 10th.

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
Reactions: typeaimages

EB24

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
My AOR is Feb 14, 2020. Biometrics done March 13, 2020. Just waiting...no word since March 13. NOC 5121 Author and Writer. Self-employed PR application from USA
Hi,

I have the same NOC as well you. I am a copywriter. Could you share your roles and responsibilities with me? I'm a little stressed about the reference letter.

fasoola7321

Star Member
Oct 24, 2018
Reference letter? I did not add that. Just my samples of writings, business article of incorporation and a business plan after I land in Canada. My role is that I have authored several textbooks in health care and policy evaluation. At this point, all I can do is wait.

sweelinck

Star Member
Aug 2, 2020
Poland
Category........
BUSINESS
Long-time lurker on these forums, but I finally sent off my application today.

It's been delayed since April this year, as the courier services stopped running and my police clearance certificate was delayed as well. I didn't use a lawyer, but tried to be as thorough as possible.

And now we wait, wish me luck :)
Did you get the AOR already? or still waiting?
The IRCC received my application on October 23rd, I'm compulsively checking my e-mail every day...

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
Did you get the AOR already? or still waiting?
The IRCC received my application on October 23rd, I'm compulsively checking my e-mail every day...
It will probably take some time... before pandemic AOR arrive around a month on average, now probably at least a few months... (and the March batch here is still waiting)

sweelinck

Star Member
Aug 2, 2020
Poland
Category........
BUSINESS
It will probably take some time... before pandemic AOR arrive around a month on average, now probably at least a few months... (and the March batch here is still waiting)
Not very encouraging news. I'm concerned about the police clearance certificates, which at a certain point they will expire.
It took a while and some money to get them and translate, especially because I lived in 3 different countries....