+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2020

Mayakassem

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Category........
BUSINESS
My application was received on the 25th of March, and since then I heard nothing.... No AoR no UCI .

tanyaviola

Sep 28, 2020
There's a biometrics company 20 minutes from our house. We follow the links to the FBI background check supplied by our Lawyer, the biometrics company gets our fingerprints and everything is submitted by them.

This is the company we are using: https://accuratebiometrics.com/
This is the link our lawyer sent us: https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks
We need to get the FBI check...but it requires fingerprints. Since we have to get the biometrics, can we use THOSE to send in to the FBI for the history check? Is that what you did? It seems like a real waste to go get fingerprints (likely a few hours away), send those in to the FBI...then wait and have to go again to get the biometrics done (also a few hours away).

tanyaviola

Sep 28, 2020
I was advised that if I wanted to pad our points, I could go ahead and take it (which would mean driving 6+ hours to a different state where it's actually being offered). But, we have enough points without it, so I'm going to not take it yet.

If your representative is suggesting you may need it, I'd do it.
In the instructions section on the website (for the application) it says the application will be returned if there are no language test results included! But it doesn't specify that in the actual application. Odd.

mohsen1

Oct 1, 2020
hi do you know observations documents ?i receive this message from my account for send Document Name: “observitions”

sweelinck

Star Member
Aug 2, 2020
Poland
Category........
BUSINESS
Hi guys,
I'm about to submit my application for self-employed artist (NOC 5133).
I'll make the payment tomorrow and still haven't figure out if it's better to also pay the biometrics fee now or only when they ask for it.
Any advise?

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
Hi guys,
I'll make the payment tomorrow and still haven't figure out if it's better to also pay the biometrics fee now or only when they ask for it.
Any advise?
If you pay it now, when you are asked to do biometrics later, you can do it right away without waiting for another period of time after settling the fee.

Last edited:

ParuMani

Star Member
Feb 23, 2020
Hi guys,
Any advise?
Pay Biometric fee along with the processing fee.. You can pay Ppr fee later

tanyaviola

Sep 28, 2020
We will be taking the IELTS this weekend and will begin filling out the forms next week. It was suggested to include a cover letter. Has anyone done this and what did it include? Reasons why you’d like to move to CA? Background info including experience summary and why they might choose us over someone else who does the same thing?

I assume the “Intended Occupation “ section is the business plan? Should that be more bullet points or paragraph form?

We’ll be including many print-outs showing big accomplishments, worldly events we’ve participated in, etc. Do these just get stacked behind all of the forms without labels or paper clips?

This seems like a big challenge but we’re ready to do it! (We are musicians)

Thanks,
Tanya

ParuMani

Star Member
Feb 23, 2020
We need to get the FBI check...but it requires fingerprints. Since we have to get the biometrics, can we use THOSE to send in to the FBI for the history check? Is that what you did? It seems like a real waste to go get fingerprints (likely a few hours away), send those in to the FBI...then wait and have to go again to get the biometrics done (also a few hours away).
If you have lived in USA for more than 6 months then FBI fingerprint background check is a must.. If not your application might get returned and you will lose the processing fee

Mandarin0212

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020
Hi everyone,
the company who makes our Business plan just suggest that we should hire employees in Canada to show our contribution to the country. But it is a self-employed program, not an entrepreneur one. Am I right that this is not necessary? Do you know about this? Thank you in advance

tanyaviola

Sep 28, 2020
If you have lived in USA for more than 6 months then FBI fingerprint background check is a must.. If not your application might get returned and you will lose the processing fee
I was going to do fingerprinting for the FBI check. I was just saying it seems silly to go do fingerprinting twice (once for FBI requirement, then again for Canada’s biometric requirement).

ParuMani

Star Member
Feb 23, 2020
I was going to do fingerprinting for the FBI check. I was just saying it seems silly to go do fingerprinting twice (once for FBI requirement, then again for Canada’s biometric requirement).
FBI fingerprint requirements are different and Canada Biometric is different.. you can't combine them together for your convenience

tanyaviola

Sep 28, 2020
FBI fingerprint requirements are different and Canada Biometric is different.. you can't combine them together for your convenience
There’s absolutely nothing convenient about this process, haha! Driving hours in opposite directions, once for language tests, once for FBI fingerprints, once for biometrics, and once for medical exams. All at a high price. But it will be worth it

tanyaviola

Sep 28, 2020
The instructions say to put the documents in a sealed envelope. Is that everything outside of the forms? Photos, birth certificates, copies of diplomas, additional written documents about business plans, extra papers showing proof of employment, tax documents, etc? So inside of the envelope which you are sending, you put the forms, plus a sealed envelope with all OTHER documents. Is that right?