+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2020

Mandarin0212

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020
Hi all,
can I ask you about the proof of founds? I know there is a table about the minimum requirements, but one of our agent said for 3 people the officer like to sees we have a minimum 50.000 Cad, instead of the necessary 20.000 CAD. It is a big difference. How do you know about and how much do you proof for 1-3 persons.
Thank you very much

typeaimages

Star Member
Apr 1, 2020
Hi all,
can I ask you about the proof of founds? I know there is a table about the minimum requirements, but one of our agent said for 3 people the officer like to sees we have a minimum 50.000 Cad, instead of the necessary 20.000 CAD. It is a big difference. How do you know about and how much do you proof for 1-3 persons.
Thank you very much
My lawyer said they use the regular Express Entry "necessary funds" list as a guide, but it's not a hard and fast rule. I have 5 people in my group and he said we should shoot to have roughly $27,000 CAN. They also take your net worth into consideration.

typeaimages

Star Member
Apr 1, 2020
Hi can you let me know if IELTS is a mandatory , my spouse is a pattern designer and works as a freelancer and get payments in cash and bank transfer is she eligible for this category
Per my lawyer and 2 immigration consultants I spoke with, the IELTS is only necessary if you need the points in this stream. If you are given maximum points for experience & education, for example, you likely will not need the IELTS.

Reactions: sumit.cool1985

RiverOne

Sep 8, 2020
Hello everyone, I'm planning to make my application soon as I have to renew my passport and sit for IELTS. I wanted to ask what documents will suffice for proving experience. I registered my company in 2014 and have renewed it annually. I also have tax returns. I was not employed anywhere during this entire period and my self employment was my only source of income. I received payments from clients on my savings account and I have some receipts of payments that my clients sent from abroad using some bank transfer service. I've run a clothing store with designs made by my wife and I. I have pictures of clothes we've designed. Past clients are willing to give referrals. I have import export certificate as well, and DHL invoices and payment receipts for shipping with them. I have participated in a couple of clothing exhibitions, but I'm not sure if I have any pictures to submit as proof. I can ask the organizers to state it on their letterheads perhaps.
Will these be enough or will I need more documents?

I also wanted to ask whether Quebec will be easier than Federal because they have that deposit requirement?
Many thanks

Mandarin0212

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020
My lawyer said they use the regular Express Entry "necessary funds" list as a guide, but it's not a hard and fast rule. I have 5 people in my group and he said we should shoot to have roughly $27,000 CAN. They also take your net worth into consideration.
Thank you very much. Unfortunately we have “just” a big Family home and 2 cars what we are going to sell. But When we send the applocation it wouldn’t happen. So fingers cross to they have enough the EE money.

HFilm

May 29, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
NOC Code......
Hello everyone :)
Any idea how to calculate the language score?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/self-employed/eligibility/selection-factors.html

According to the link above there are 4 language proficiency Levels: High, Moderate, Basic & No.
And they say you get up to 24 points for language ability.

How do you calculate that? I can't seem any info on this in the link above.

My husband got 7.5 on his IELTS (Listening 8, reading 6.5, writing 6, speaking 8.5)

Thanks!

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
Hello everyone :)
Any idea how to calculate the language score?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/self-employed/eligibility/selection-factors.html

According to the link above there are 4 language proficiency Levels: High, Moderate, Basic & No.
And they say you get up to 24 points for language ability.

How do you calculate that? I can't seem any info on this in the link above.

My husband got 7.5 on his IELTS (Listening 8, reading 6.5, writing 6, speaking 8.5)

Thanks!
CIC didn't state black-and-white the IELTS requirements for SE applicants but it's speculated that you may refer to the banding requirements for EE:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/language-requirements/language-testing.html

IELTS
First official language (Maximum 24 points)
CLB LevelAbility: SpeakingAbility: ListeningAbility: ReadingAbility: WritingPoints per ability
76.06.0 – 7.06.06.04
10 and above7.5 – 9.08.5 – 9.08.0 – 9.07.5 – 9.06

If that's the case for SE applicants, your husband's levels are CLB 10, 9, 8 and 7 respectively, and thus 6+6+5+4 = 21 points.

Reactions: Mandarin0212

mamasvoice

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-22-2020
Hello everyone, I'm planning to make my application soon as I have to renew my passport and sit for IELTS. I wanted to ask what documents will suffice for proving experience. I registered my company in 2014 and have renewed it annually. I also have tax returns. I was not employed anywhere during this entire period and my self employment was my only source of income. I received payments from clients on my savings account and I have some receipts of payments that my clients sent from abroad using some bank transfer service. I've run a clothing store with designs made by my wife and I. I have pictures of clothes we've designed. Past clients are willing to give referrals. I have import export certificate as well, and DHL invoices and payment receipts for shipping with them. I have participated in a couple of clothing exhibitions, but I'm not sure if I have any pictures to submit as proof. I can ask the organizers to state it on their letterheads perhaps.
Will these be enough or will I need more documents?

I also wanted to ask whether Quebec will be easier than Federal because they have that deposit requirement?
Many thanks
Hi, I think you should definitely ask the organizers to issue certifications for you and your wife's business. It might really help. Regarding Quebec, I think it is more difficult to apply as self-employed persons there. It was my first choice, and I had to take French lessons because that is a requirement there. It wasn't easy, I tell you. Then, you also have to obtain the Certificat de Sélection du Québec (CSQ) if you are applying as a Quebec selected business applicant, Declaration of Intent to Reside in Quebec, and before all that you must submit a Letter of Intent in the Arrima portal (which I did). It's a longer and more exhaustive process than the Federal Self-Employed class.

Reactions: RiverOne

Mandarin0212

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020
CIC didn't state black-and-white the IELTS requirements for SE applicants but it's speculated that you may refer to the banding requirements for EE:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/language-requirements/language-testing.html

IELTS
First official language (Maximum 24 points)
CLB LevelAbility: SpeakingAbility: ListeningAbility: ReadingAbility: WritingPoints per ability
76.06.0 – 7.06.06.04
10 and above7.5 – 9.08.5 – 9.08.0 – 9.07.5 – 9.06

If that's the case for SE applicants, your husband's levels are CLB 10, 9, 8 and 7 respectively, and thus 6+6+5+4 = 21 points.
Thank you for the explanation! In this case if our IELTS result is 5, we won’t get points?

Jacohave

Aug 27, 2020
Can the people that have submitted their applications this year, please give me an indication on when they submitted and how long it took to receive the AOR and if possible any further timelines on their applications.

Jzy

Aug 28, 2019
Can the people that have submitted their applications this year, please give me an indication on when they submitted and how long it took to receive the AOR and if possible any further timelines on their applications.
I submitted in January 23rd 2020 and I got AOR and Biometrics instruction on Jan 29th. Since then no info yet.

JaunRaza

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
UAE
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
12-08-2019
AOR Received.
12-08-1988
Hello Everyone,

Can anyone help me to draft a Bussines plan as a Graphic designer and recommended someone who can do it professionally .?

fasoola7321

Star Member
Oct 24, 2018
My AOR is Feb 14, 2020. Biometrics done March 13, 2020. Just waiting...no word since March 13. NOC 5121 Author and Writer. Self-employed PR application from USA