+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2020

Ansionuk

Feb 11, 2022
2020-03-27: Files sent to CIO in Sydney NS
2020-04-14: Files delivered and signed for at CIO, Sydeny NS
2022-12-01 : Email received from IRCC. Application Number & UCI linked to GC Online Account. Request for Biometrics Fee. Timeline estimate listed as September 2022 with a note saying our application is taking longer to process than usual.
2022-12-02: Biometrics fee paid
2023-03-12: Invitation for Pre-arrival Services
2023-03-23: Request Letters for Biometrics, Medical, and Background update
2023-09-25: Latest Update: Final Decision Pending

Haven't heard anything since September 2023. Initial estimated completion date was September 2022. Primary applicant is a US citizen and dependent is a dual US/UK citizen.
it seems you stuck in background checking. with your background, i have seen people waited for more than a year just to clear security. the more complex your background is, the longer it takes them to do the checking, which involves quite a few countries in your case, and some of them might not return the info in a timely manner. you could apply for GCMS notes to see what's been going on and take possible actions if needed.

Taylah

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
Canada
App. Filed.......
24-12-2020
AOR Received.
12-05-2023
Latest update:
Review of medical results - January 30, 2024:You passed the medical exam.

Minor update but exciting to actually see progress & updates in my account since it’s a rare event in this category

Medical Request was 1/15/24 and Medical done 1/23/24.

Now just time to play the waiting game again I guess!

A24canada

Jan 2, 2024
yeh.

02/20-Delivered

03/20-AOR

03/20-Biometrics Fee Requested

03/20-Biometrics Fee Received

03/23-Additional Information requested

04/23-Feedback provided

04/23-Additional information requested

04/23-Feedback provided

01/2024-Pre-arrival letter

01/2024-medical requested
It's a long journey. Which visa office handles your file?

canadawill

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
Just got my GCMS notes response from IRCC. Confirms they've done sweet f*** all with my application:

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Not Started
Security: Not Started
HIRV:
Criminality: Not Started
Org Crime:
Medical: Not Started
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: In Progress
Other Reqs:
Final:

I'm going to submit monthly requests for notes now.

Last edited:

A24canada

Jan 2, 2024
Just got my GCMS notes response from IRCC. Confirms they've done sweet f*** all with my application:

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Not Started
Security: Not Started
HIRV:
Criminality: Not Started
Org Crime:
Medical: Not Started
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: In Progress
Other Reqs:
Final:

I'm going to submit monthly requests for notes now.
This means that London office does not pay attention to this type of program Self employed, but check the GCMS. Is there a due date for the medical examination mentioned in one of the pages? Also check if there is any recommendation from the CIO regarding eligibility, or was the file transferred only without conducting any evaluation of the file? I think they will process your file within the next month, before the year is completed from AOR. I hope things go well for everyone

canadawill

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
This means that London office does not pay attention to this type of program Self employed, but check the GCMS. Is there a due date for the medical examination mentioned in one of the pages? Also check if there is any recommendation from the CIO regarding eligibility, or was the file transferred only without conducting any evaluation of the file? I think they will process your file within the next month, before the year is completed from AOR. I hope things go well for everyone
Yes but the due date is just a year after my aor.
There’s nothing on eligibility.

canadawill

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
FINALLY. UK office processing me.
Just got my medical request and pre arrival letter. What’s the significance of pre arrival?

almost unbelievably , they also sent me a request for more info letter addressed to someone completed different with their home address, and email, saying they don’t qualify etc. definitely not meant for me.

Reactions: tarekbeder

Jo1983

Jul 5, 2023
On another forum, it has the below on pre arrival services. So excited for you as I'm also a UK applicant (and jealous as I'm a year behind...)

prearrival letter is known as AIP - it means that the PA has met all the eligibility requirements for permanent residency and you will soon be getting a final decision.

Reactions: canadawill

canadawill

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
I am so confused. Now my portal says I need to upload a load of docs, but they are in relation to the request that is addressed to someone completely different. I hope this doesn't slow my processing down again.

A24canada

Jan 2, 2024
I am so confused. Now my portal says I need to upload a load of docs, but they are in relation to the request that is addressed to someone completely different. I hope this doesn't slow my processing down again.
Congratulations
I think this letter was sent to you by mistake. Can you share the content of the letter?

canadawill

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
Congratulations
I think this letter was sent to you by mistake. Can you share the content of the letter?
It is the boiler plate you don't meet the requirements etc and asking him for more info. Then it has specifics about this man. It also has his application number, client ID, etc that don't match mine.

It definitely isn't for me. The weird thing is that my account now has the requests for the docs in the portal -- which I don't know if they actually DO want those from me, or if that's a mistake too. I imagine the doc request is right, but I need the request letter for myself before I submit.

Do you know what pre-arrival letter coming in means? Does that means I am eligible?

Ansionuk

Feb 11, 2022
It is the boiler plate you don't meet the requirements etc and asking him for more info. Then it has specifics about this man. It also has his application number, client ID, etc that don't match mine.

It definitely isn't for me. The weird thing is that my account now has the requests for the docs in the portal -- which I don't know if they actually DO want those from me, or if that's a mistake too. I imagine the doc request is right, but I need the request letter for myself before I submit.

Do you know what pre-arrival letter coming in means? Does that means I am eligible?

PAL means you passed the eligibility requirement and the assessment of admissibility will start, and the medical request is part of admissibility assessment, while the other one is background check, which includes criminal and security checks. So a big congrats on this note.

As to the complications, just call them and let them know they have made a mistake. this is going to slow your processing a bit, so I recommend call them now, as there is a time limit on the request.

Reactions: A24canada