+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2020

Ashkan_Pou

Feb 19, 2023
Hello everyone,
I have submitted my self employed application online in March, 2022. But I haven't received any response regarding temporary/permanent file number yet. Is it normal? I have submitted multiple webform till now, but I just received an auto-reply from IRCC and nothing else. Is there anybody with same issue? Do you have any advice/recommendation?

cheetos13s

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
Hello everyone,
I have submitted my self employed application online in March, 2022. But I haven't received any response regarding temporary/permanent file number yet. Is it normal? I have submitted multiple webform till now, but I just received an auto-reply from IRCC and nothing else. Is there anybody with same issue? Do you have any advice/recommendation?
All applicants here are paper-based and from 2020. Please ask in the 2022 group.

Reactions: tanyaviola

Taylah

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
Canada
App. Filed.......
24-12-2020
AOR Received.
12-05-2023
Yes, I suggest you take that route too and apply for a PGWP. I did and am now working full-time after graduating from a one-year program.
How long did it take for your PGWP to be approved? Also once approved did they give you one year from the date you applied, or one year from the approval date?

I’m considering applying for this in the next couple of months if I haven’t had any updates on my Self-Employed PR application (it’s already been almost 3 years of waiting) as I have the option to graduate next month or to continue studying towards a 2 year program.

Looks like processing time is back to 52 months from 53 so that’s something at least.

tanyaviola

Sep 28, 2020
After 3+ years, we finally got a medical request plus ADR, some of which I'm not really sure what they want.

Was able to make medical appointments across the border in Canada (we are not far from the border in the US). They are asking for NEW biometrics! We just did them in April and they are good for 10 years. What's up with that? Has anyone else been asked for new biometrics? They also asked for updated FBI fingerprints AND a police certificate from our state.

They asked for an updated form 5669. They asked for a settlement plan. I assume that's exactly what I sent them with the application (about what we were planning to do when we got there)??? They want proof of incorporation and tax assessment as self-employed (for certain years) plus invoices. I get the invoices...we can probably do that. But we are not incorporated and what is a tax assessment?

They also requested us to pay the RPRF (before they even give us approval). Is this refundable?

Everything due by January 7, 2024!

My main complaint is that there's no 'contact' info in our application portal. I'd rather not have to make another biometric appointment when ours is still valid. Just want to ask them why. maybe it's a mistake. Also, I didn't actually see a place to upload material in the portal.

tanyaviola

Sep 28, 2020
Application sent in September 2020
Temporary Application ID received in January 2021
*long silence*
Permanent AoR received in January 2023
Biometric request received in March 2023
Pre arrival service letter received in August 2023
Request for landing fee and medical in September 2023
Request for passport in October 2023

Best wishes for everyone ❤
You got approval 1 month after you sent in medicals and landing fee? I remember you saying they asked for ADR. When was that? We just got a request for medical, fees, and ADR.

MicheleHave

Jan 20, 2022
@tanyaviola how did you receive all your communications from them
here is my story...
Applied July 2020
received my temp AOR nr
silence for 2 years.
January 2023 received my real AOR nr
linked my application.
silence again i have not received any word from them. NOTHING
I see that some of you have received correspondence from them... and that things are moving for you but nothing for me. How do they communicate with you?

we are applying from South Arica

tanyaviola

Sep 28, 2020
@tanyaviola how did you receive all your communications from them
here is my story...
Applied July 2020
received my temp AOR nr
silence for 2 years.
January 2023 received my real AOR nr
linked my application.
silence again i have not received any word from them. NOTHING
I see that some of you have received correspondence from them... and that things are moving for you but nothing for me. How do they communicate with you?

we are applying from South Arica
we got several emails in a row requesting all this new info. But it was silence for a long time and then silence since the permanent AOR this past March. Honestly I was surprised to hear anything from them.Its been over 3 years since we first applied.
Hope you hear something soon. We applied from the US.

canadawill

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
we got several emails in a row requesting all this new info. But it was silence for a long time and then silence since the permanent AOR this past March. Honestly I was surprised to hear anything from them.Its been over 3 years since we first applied.
Hope you hear something soon. We applied from the US.
Happy for you! Still waiting here. I know that my application has reached the uk office in August though.

mamasvoice

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-22-2020
How long did it take for your PGWP to be approved? Also once approved did they give you one year from the date you applied, or one year from the approval date?

I’m considering applying for this in the next couple of months if I haven’t had any updates on my Self-Employed PR application (it’s already been almost 3 years of waiting) as I have the option to graduate next month or to continue studying towards a 2 year program.

Looks like processing time is back to 52 months from 53 so that’s something at least.
About four months and I got one year from the date of approval. I would highly suggest you make a decision on whether to apply via the student pathway as soon as you can, because IRCC has raised the proof of funds requirement for a student from $10,000/person to $20,635 starting January 2024. That's just for living expenses and excludes tuition and travel.

https://www.cicnews.com/2023/12/ircc-increases-cost-of-living-requirement-for-study-permit-applicants-1241757.html

Groceries are expensive here but we get by because I don't shop at the pricey stores. There are also lots of reduced prices everywhere--for produce, prepared foods, non-food items, etc.--and people take advantage of that to save money. I also walk to and from work, which saves me a ton that I would have otherwise used for transportation. My workplace is a manageable distance at 1.5 km away from my apartment. It's a good daily workout that helps me stay fit as I have a physically demanding job.

Looking to stay in this company for a year to gain full-time Canadian experience and then will apply again for positions in marketing and advertising. It's been difficult to get a job in my field after graduating. And it wasn't just me, but a lot of my other classmates as well. Be prepared for the highly competitive job market here. You might need to take a survival job for now like we have. It's not the best but it puts food on the table.

Sounds bleak; however, I don't mean to discourage you but to inform and arm you. Good luck to all!

Reactions: Taylah

tanyaviola

Sep 28, 2020
For those of you who got approved (and are still in this forum), how long did it take after you sent in medicals and ADR? What were the steps after that and how long between each until you got PPR?

Reactions: Mandarin0212