+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2020

Florence_DHK

Feb 2, 2021
Thank you so much! but what did they ask for? additional self employment proof? updated forms? updated police certificate? etc...
everyone's ADR is different based on their own specific circumstances.
Basically proof of self employment. My husband is the primary applicant and applied as a musician from Bangladesh. So he had to provide a bunch of documents related to his works, newspaper cuttings, and proof of payment. Then proof of his net worth. When we wpploed in 2020 these documents were provided and in this year he just provided more document post 2020.
Police clearances were provided twice.

Ansionuk

Feb 11, 2022
Basically proof of self employment. My husband is the primary applicant and applied as a musician from Bangladesh. So he had to provide a bunch of documents related to his works, newspaper cuttings, and proof of payment. Then proof of his net worth. When we wpploed in 2020 these documents were provided and in this year he just provided more document post 2020.
Police clearances were provided twice.
Thank you for the answer and wish you a great future in Canada.

Reactions: Florence_DHK

dsgn

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020
Best
Application sent in September 2020
Temporary Application ID received in January 2021
*long silence*
Permanent AoR received in January 2023
Biometric request received in March 2023
Pre arrival service letter received in August 2023
Request for landing fee and medical in September 2023
Request for passport in October 2023

Best wishes for everyone ❤
Best of luck

canadawill

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
Anyone have any idea how long it takes once your application has been transferred to local office? London confirmed they had my application in a queue in August and still waiting for movement.

Ansionuk

Feb 11, 2022
Anyone have any idea how long it takes once your application has been transferred to local office? London confirmed they had my application in a queue in August and still waiting for movement.
3-9 months here in HongKong office. Singapore office may be quicker. But London office is not very productive, I believe you might need to wait for 9 months on average.

Shaparak1996

Jun 13, 2022
Hi everyone,

Can someone who owns a barbershop for 30 years (he had employees who worked for him, he also works himself in that shop and has relevanat experience. he is +60 years old, has a PR child in Canada and his wife has open work permit too) apply for PT through self employment?

Last edited:

Ansionuk

Feb 11, 2022
Hi everyone,

Can someone who owns a barbershop for 30 years (he had employees who worked for him, he also works himself in that shop and has relevanat experience. he is +60 years old, has a PR child in Canada and his wife has open work permit too) apply for PT through self employment?
Hairdressing is not one of the qualified occupations for self employed persons class. However, stylist is. If you can prove the experience as stylist and the potential success of continuing self employment in the same occupation in Canada, then you have a shot here.

Reactions: Naturgrl

tanyaviola

Sep 28, 2020
Did you get an email specifically stating your application had been transferred to the local office? When did that happen after the other info you got? I have not heard anything about transferring to another office but I think applicants from the US may be processed in Canada.

canadawill

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
Did you get an email specifically stating your application had been transferred to the local office? When did that happen after the other info you got? I have not heard anything about transferring to another office but I think applicants from the US may be processed in Canada.
Yes, but I have been consistently requesting updates from the local office so they responding to my thread. I got the permanent number in March and they said this in August.

Lchinjohn

Star Member
Nov 8, 2019
I passed my medical on 4th August 2023, and have not heard anything since, and still waiting. The others have mostly not had to wait this long after passing medical, so getting really worried here.

Reactions: eanne06

Ansionuk

Feb 11, 2022
Good Sunday afternoon from India.. Finally some movement in my application.. I have been asked to appear for an interview in Delhi Canadian consulate next month

I have been asked to produce any other documentary evidence that establishes your ability to meet the requirement of your chosen immigration category

Any help in this regard will be appreciated
Hey, how was your interview?

PB India

Star Member
Jul 7, 2023
Good Sunday afternoon from India.. Finally some movement in my application.. I have been asked to appear for an interview in Delhi Canadian consulate next month

I have been asked to produce any other documentary evidence that establishes your ability to meet the requirement of your chosen immigration category

Any help in this regard will be appreciated
So how was it ?? And share your timeline plz