+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2020

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks Ansionuk and Naturgrl for clearing my perspective on the issue. I guess I will wait for gcms notes to arrive and give me the exact reason for refusal and decide. Thanks for your help guys.
A JR, I believe, must be filed within 60 days. Want to confirm that. Again you may want to find an immigration lawyer to help with filing. It will most likely cost a minimum of $7-10K if you want a lawyer.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My timeline
NOC-5121
Applied -feb2021
Permanent file number - March 2023
Refusal -31 August 2023
Sorry for your refusal. So what were reasons for refusal? Most writers in Canada, I know, are not full time or cannot support themselves without taking other jobs so not solely self employed. Most self publish which costs money too. Did you show that your writings will advance Canadian culture? Did you provide contracts of your writings with major publishers to that show that you are self sustaining? With so much experience, you would have shown all contracts, receipts, commissions to show that you were self employed, and did not take outside employment.

mamasvoice

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-22-2020
What information do GCMS notes give you that you can't see on the portal? How long does it take to get the notes? Webform takes 2-3 months to get a response.
Hi, GCMS Notes are the only accurate way of providing a detailed record of an applicant's file, including granular notes on the progress of your application, your case history from the day you applied, and also includes officers' analysis, and information in your file at each stage of the processing time.

It takes about 30 days to receive your GCMS notes. With the web form, you usually get a generic automated response.

ParuMani

Star Member
Feb 23, 2020
What do you mean by fairness letter?

It means IRCC is having doubt about your intentions.. You are asked to give explanation.. if it feels you have some kind of malpractice, its serious offence

tanyaviola

Sep 28, 2020
hi I am here with more updates

HongKong issued quite a lot ADRs(around 20-30) and a few IMEs (nearly 10) Yesterday.
Mostly to applications from the second half of 2020.

Still no sign of new AORs.
Thanks for the update! How late in 2020? Any November/December applications from this bunch? Is IME medical request? Also, are the ADR's just a re-request for background checks that expired?

Ansionuk

Feb 11, 2022
Thanks for the update! How late in 2020? Any November/December applications from this bunch? Is IME medical request? Also, are the ADR's just a re-request for background checks that expired?
July - December 2020.
quite a few in Nov - Dec pack.
yes, IME is medical request
almost everyone was asked to update outdated forms and documents (police certificate, passports)
there are few cases where ircc requested evidence of SE experience of more than 2 years within 5 years before application
and some also need to resubmit SE business plan and proof of significant contribution.

2-5people, received IME 2 hours after ADR

Homay7

Star Member
Nov 12, 2020
Most likely, all those who applied until the end of 2020 and also first of 2021 , their task should be determined before the end of this year, I think.

Reactions: cheetos13s

cheetos13s

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
Most likely, all those who applied until the end of 2020 and also first of 2021 , their task should be determined before the end of this year, I think.
fingers crossed. It has been too long since the last update on processing times, with the website indicating the latest update was on August 22, 2023, and that updates are done weekly. It is possible that the delay could be due to preparations for the digital nomad visa.

canadawill

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
Just received this message:

“This is to confirm that your application was successfully transferred to our office in London. It is now in a queue awaiting review by a migration officer. You will be contacted as soon as this review is complete and we are in a position to proceed with the next steps in processing your application.

Thank you for your patience.”

Reactions: cheetos13s

Ansionuk

Feb 11, 2022
Just received this message:

“This is to confirm that your application was successfully transferred to our office in London. It is now in a queue awaiting review by a migration officer. You will be contacted as soon as this review is complete and we are in a position to proceed with the next steps in processing your application.

Thank you for your patience.”
it seems everywhere is processing the late 2020 applications now.

congrats!!!