+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2020

Odigitrious

Apr 26, 2023
I do not know a single person from Russia who sent documents in 2020 and has already received an AOR. I don't think this is some kind of discrimination, most likely it is due to the workload of the Warsaw office.
I’m that single person from Russia))
Sent my application 2020 august 28
AOR received 2023 January 19

Reactions: marina_marina

JTH

Jan 23, 2023
Who knows how long this will take. I believe they're not returning to work until they get what they want.

Does anyone know if this affects applications that are sent onto local visa offices? I'm hoping that it doesn't. Hard to know where the application is, though.
Strike ended yesterday.

Reactions: tanyaviola

Ansionuk

Feb 11, 2022
it is very quiet here, please applicants from 2020 share your progression. thanks

In our chat group:
a music teacher, applied in 03-2020, has got ppr today
a graphic designer, applied in 06-2020, received IME today

thought Maybe you guys want to know.

Reactions: tanyaviola

canadawill

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
it is very quiet here, please applicants from 2020 share your progression. thanks

In our chat group:

Where is this chat group please?

By the way -- when we were chatting we were talking about applications moving to other countries after permanent AOR -- but the London office confirmed mine is still in Canada. So unsure what is going on there...

Ansionuk

Feb 11, 2022

By the way -- when we were chatting we were talking about applications moving to other countries after permanent AOR -- but the London office confirmed mine is still in Canada. So unsure what is going on there...
it's a Chinese app Weichat,

Don't really know how they transfer paper applications now. On IRCC website, it states they will send the application to local office after AOR or make the local office the primary processing office in the case of online application. I read on this forum that someone's file was lost on the way to other offices and was found again, can't remember where exactly, but it implies that IRCC did post files out, not scan them and send digital files. if they are still sending your files by post then it may take time.

did you ask London if London is your primary office?

canadawill

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
it's a Chinese app Weichat,

Don't really know how they transfer paper applications now. On IRCC website, it states they will send the application to local office after AOR or make the local office the primary processing office in the case of online application. I read on this forum that someone's file was lost on the way to other offices and was found again, can't remember where exactly, but it implies that IRCC did post files out, not scan them and send digital files. if they are still sending your files by post then it may take time.

did you ask London if London is your primary office?
No, but I assume if it's not there, it isn't.

tanyaviola

Sep 28, 2020

I’m not sure ours has been sent to U.S. When they sent out the AOR, they said if we have questions, to send them to the office listed on our email AOR. It was listed as Sydney so I assume it’s still in Canada, and has not been sent to our local office. ‍♀

tanyaviola

Sep 28, 2020

In our chat group:

Thanks for the update! We are music teachers too….still waiting after we sent in biometrics.

canadawill

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
I’m not sure ours has been sent to U.S. When they sent out the AOR, they said if we have questions, to send them to the office listed on our email AOR. It was listed as Sydney so I assume it’s still in Canada, and has not been sent to our local office. ‍♀
I assume no processing at all until it moves to local office...?

Taylah

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
Canada
App. Filed.......
24-12-2020
AOR Received.
12-05-2023

In our chat group:

I applied in December 2020 and no updates since Temporary AOR. Based on others from October and November getting AOR recently I’m hoping to hear something soon!

Reactions: cheetos13s