+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2020

Oct 30, 2022
Congratulations wish you all the best of luck on your canadian journey. Great news thank you for sharing your detailed process.
Thank you Mayakassem. It's a long path. With some luck, I finally get to the end of this phrase. And it's time to prepare for a new chapter. I wish all applicants the best of luck, and start the new life ASAP in Canada.

Reactions: Mayakassem

Mayakassem

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Category........
BUSINESS
Thank you Mayakassem. It's a long path. With some luck, I finally get to the end of this phrase. And it's time to prepare for a new chapter. I wish all applicants the best of luck, and start the new life ASAP in Canada.
A new chapter in life waiting to be written hoping it is going to be amazing full of joy and success. BTW from which country did you apply and what is your NOC?

cheetos13s

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
I've been occasionally checking the forum for other applicants' timelines. It helps me to ease my nerve while waiting. Since I've just received my own COPR, I would like to share my timeline with the one who is still anxiously waiting for the result.

06 Jan 2020: Application delivered to IRCC Office
13 Jan 2020: AOR received
Endless time of waiting........
07 Feb 2022: Request letter received
18 Aug 2022: Pre-arrival service letter received
23 Aug 2022: MER (Medical Examination Request) received. Another request letter received on the same day.
02 Sep 2022: Medical Examination attended.
22 Sep 2022: MER passed (updated on GCKey account)
26 Sep 2022: Background check completed (updated on GCKey account)
05 Oct 2022: Request letter on passport delivery for visa
20 Oct 2022: Application is approved (Updated on GCKey account)
28 Oct 2022: Passport with visa and COPR (printed paper) received

It is approximately 33 months of waiting in my case, and I believe it varies accordingly to different applications. My suggestion is to focus on your life and work at hand, and keep bettering yourself during the process. You will get it.

BTW, anyone knows any forums or online groups dealing with discussions and information that we new immigrants will inevitably face? Thank you.
That is amazing, congrats, and thanks for sharing this great news. I'm so happy for you and wish you a fantastic life

Oct 30, 2022
Congratulations and I hope you a successful trip to Canada. I would like to ask you what is your NOC number, where are you from and which visa office
Hi to all, and sorry for the late reply. Thank you all for your warm greetings. Let me get to the questions above. I applied from China. As to NOC, please allow me to keep it not mentioned publicly because of some concerns relating to privacy and other matters. I think the valuation of eligibility of SE varies according to different applicants' own experiences. As long as the applicant's NOC meets the requirements of SE, he will have the chance. For those who haven't started the application yet, maybe consulting to some experts in advance will be a good choice.

CanPR234

Oct 31, 2022
Working on a mobile application called CanPR (avilable on iPhone and Android). Looking to connect with those who have obtained their business visa or are in the process to understand the requirements.

Ansionuk

Feb 11, 2022
Working on a mobile application called CanPR (avilable on iPhone and Android). Looking to connect with those who have obtained their business visa or are in the process to understand the requirements.
requirements of what?
what problem will the app solve?

canadawill

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
It seems, then, that we are about a year away for those that got temporary acknowledgement in January 2021.

I have also had confirmation from IRCCC that they have located my file, and assured me it is still in process and not lost despite the silence.

Reactions: Goodlucker

vj171081

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
Hello,

I just have temp File and UCI which most of us received in Jan 2020. I want o share my updated contact and personal information for the self employed paper-based application. Any idea how to do that?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

marina_marina

Apr 28, 2022
Hello,

I just have temp File and UCI which most of us received in Jan 2020. I want o share my updated contact and personal information for the self employed paper-based application. Any idea how to do that?

Thanks in advance.
In pdf which they sent you with temporary number, you can find a link for webform

vj171081

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
In pdf which they sent you with temporary number, you can find a link for webform
Thanks for the reply. When we send it through the web form. They are asking you to update contact info on the new link. This link requires real UCI and application number and not the temp. This never goes through.

marina_marina

Apr 28, 2022
Thanks for the reply. When we send it through the web form. They are asking you to update contact info on the new link. This link requires real UCI and application number and not the temp. This never goes through.
I deleted t before the number and it works this way