Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-22-2020
Congrats to you and your family!

I did the same thing and was approved for the student permit in September 2021, I started my studies in January.
Thank you! :)

Ah, that's great! Winter intake. Did you apply for a part-time job right away when you landed? I'm looking to apply now but all student jobs are for summer, in May - September. I guess I have to apply when we land.

lyubov24

Mar 8, 2021
Hello, guys! We got approved today! :)

Though we do have a pending FSE app submitted last 2020, we got tired of waiting so my husband and I decided to apply via the Student Pathway (I am the student and my husband has an OWP). Submitted our online application last Jan. 2022 and got approved, with PPR, just today. We did our medicals last March 2 and we passed the exams one at a time--daughter first, then me and husband, then eldest son, and a day after that, our youngest son. The very next day (that's today, March 16), we got our approval. We will be waiting for our FSE PR approval once we are in Canada.

There is hope yet, so don't give up! If you ever want to explore another pathway to Canada, you might want to consider becoming an international student. God bless everyone!
Good afternoon! I also want to apply for a student visa. Please tell me, did you apply yourself or through an immigration consultant? Dear ones, could you tell me how you found college and how you applied for a visa? I will be very grateful for the information?

mamasvoice

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-22-2020
Good afternoon! I also want to apply for a student visa. Please tell me, did you apply yourself or through an immigration consultant? Dear ones, could you tell me how you found college and how you applied for a visa? I will be very grateful for the information?
Hello, I applied on my own as my application was straightforward. I had no issues such as previous visa refusals, etc. Everything you need to know to start applying for a study permit is here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/apply.html.

Hope this helps!

lyubov24

Mar 8, 2021
Hello, guys! We got approved today! :)

Though we do have a pending FSE app submitted last 2020, we got tired of waiting so my husband and I decided to apply via the Student Pathway (I am the student and my husband has an OWP). Submitted our online application last Jan. 2022 and got approved, with PPR, just today. We did our medicals last March 2 and we passed the exams one at a time--daughter first, then me and husband, then eldest son, and a day after that, our youngest son. The very next day (that's today, March 16), we got our approval. We will be waiting for our FSE PR approval once we are in Canada.

There is hope yet, so don't give up! If you ever want to explore another pathway to Canada, you might want to consider becoming an international student. God bless everyone!
Please tell me, could we have a closer chat with you, maybe a whatsapp?

mamasvoice

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-22-2020
Please tell me, could we have a closer chat with you, maybe a whatsapp?
Hi, I don't have Whatsapp. Also, it's better for you to ask questions here so we can also help others who might have the same questions.

Reactions: dsgn

mamasvoice

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-22-2020
We received our passports with visas yesterday! Mine was an SW-1 (Student/Worker), husband's was W-1 (Worker), and 3 kids' were all S-1 (Student).

But it was strange that I, my husband, and our daughter (but not our 2 sons) were issued Medical Surveillance letters. It says: "I understand that provincial/territorial health authorities in Canada may wish to monitor my health. I agree to them doing so. I understand my landing in Canada is conditional upon my reporting to a provincial/territorial health clinic within 30 days of my admission to Canada as a permanent resident (emphasis mine). I shall report any changes in residence forthwith to Canada Immigration and the appropriate provincial/territorial authorities."

From my research, this is issued to PRs only. I hope it means our FSE application is progressing, too. Any updates from anyone with their PR application?

Last edited:
Reactions: NDDG

tanyaviola

Sep 28, 2020
Ridiculous! Does this mean 42 months for those who are going to apply, and not for those who previously applied?
I don’t know. I’m not convinced it is only for new applicants, which is what I originally assumed. When we first applied, it was 20 months. It has now been 17 months and we have not heard a thing (except for a temporary number last January). Pretty sure they won’t make the 20 month mark in ours!

mamasvoice

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-22-2020
I don’t know. I’m not convinced it is only for new applicants, which is what I originally assumed. When we first applied, it was 20 months. It has now been 17 months and we have not heard a thing (except for a temporary number last January). Pretty sure they won’t make the 20 month mark in ours!
Just wow. We are in the 16th month mark ourselves! And received our temporary UCI and app number in January 2021 too. And then nothing more.

harpreetbhatti

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
I also want to apply self employed category. I am professional photographer. And I have my studio in India. But little scared about time line

vj171081

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
It has taken that much time in the current times. So applications were that old, I believe that is what it means. Hoping process times to reduce now. We have paid a good amount as a fee which should allow them to hire easily and process this faster. They possibly have their own unique challenges.

mamasvoice

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-22-2020
I also want to apply self employed category. I am professional photographer. And I have my studio in India. But little scared about time line
Go for it. But expect a looong wait time. There's now the option to apply online. I don't know if anyone has ever tried it for FSE and if this speeded things up.

canadawill

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
I’m now worried — I got my temporary number in January 2021, but have had absolutely no word since. And people here receiving permanent numbers….. is anyone still waiting for a permanent number?