+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2020

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
Thank you! Yes, it's a Study Permit visa. I applied along with my husband (Open Work Permit for him) and for our kids (Study Permit Minors for each of them).

From what I gather, no need for us to apply for CEC or EE since we have a pending FSE app. Praying and claiming that it will be approved too.

I paid $2,650 for my LOA (Letter of Acceptance) into the school, which will be deducted from my tuition later on. I haven't paid for my one-year tuition fee yet. They are only requiring me to pay for the first term this coming June, and for the next term a few months thereafter. I like that Centennial College's terms of payment are easy on the pocket. Other institutions require you to settle one year's worth of tuition upfront.

First step in applying for an SP visa is to find a DLI (Designated Learning Institution) with a program you're interested in, preferably related to your current line of work. Then, email them to inquire about admissions requirements. If you get accepted into the program, you then need to apply for a Study Permit with IRCC. Your family members may apply together with you, and that is what we did. Processing time for SP is approximately 12 weeks.
May I ask - how did you address your dual intent?

mamasvoice

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-22-2020
May I ask - how did you address your dual intent?
In my SOP (Statement of Purpose), I stated that I have a pending PR app under FSE and that to prepare for our life in Canada, I have decided to apply as an international student. I did not mention that I was tired of waiting for our PR. My overall tone was positive.

And then, I said that at the end of my studies, I am going to apply for a PGWP so that I can build a career in the creative industry in Toronto. And, should my husband and I decide to go back to our home country (the Philippines), we will do so fully confident with my Canadian education and his work experience in a first-world country. And that, whatever happens, we would never violate the terms and conditions of our stay in Canada.

However, I made it clear that our dream as artists is to contribute to Canada's culture and economy.

Praise God it was approved. We went straight into Reviewing Eligibility after about a week we lodged our app online, even before we had our biometrics taken.

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
In my SOP (Statement of Purpose), I stated that I have a pending PR app under FSE and that in preparation for our life in Canada, I have decided to apply as an international student. I did not mention that I was tired of waiting for our PR. My overall tone was positive.

And then, I said that at the end of my studies, I am going to apply for a PGWP so that I can build an exciting career in the flourishing creative industry in Toronto. And, should my husband and I decide to go back to our home country (the Philippines), we will do so fully armed with my Canadian education and his work experience in a first-world nation. And that, whatever happens, we would never violate the terms and conditions of our stay in Canada.

However, I made it clear that our dream as artists is to contribute to Canada's culture and economy.

Praise God it was approved. We went straight into Reviewing Eligibility after about a week, even before we had our biometrics taken.
That's superb. You deserve this approval!
Good luck. Best wishes.

Reactions: mamasvoice

dezcorb

Aug 4, 2021
In my SOP (Statement of Purpose), I stated that I have a pending PR app under FSE and that to prepare for our life in Canada, I have decided to apply as an international student. I did not mention that I was tired of waiting for our PR. My overall tone was positive.

And then, I said that at the end of my studies, I am going to apply for a PGWP so that I can build a career in the creative industry in Toronto. And, should my husband and I decide to go back to our home country (the Philippines), we will do so fully confident with my Canadian education and his work experience in a first-world country. And that, whatever happens, we would never violate the terms and conditions of our stay in Canada.

Praise God it was approved. We went straight into Reviewing Eligibility after about a week we lodged our app online, even before we had our biometrics taken.
I am planning to apply for the same. Could you please share your SOP? I know its a bit confidential but it would be a great help for me.

Thank you.

mamasvoice

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-22-2020
Yes, landed for a while now. Just survived the winter ;)
When are you planning to land?
That's awesome! :DWishing more fun times for you and your family! Our target date of landing is July 1. I was shocked when my daughter said that it's Canada Day. Haha!

• Love
Reactions: comerunning19

harpreetbhatti

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017

Hii congratulations for your study permit. I have one question in my mind that is you and your family do medical under FSE or study permit means is your medical come under FSE.

mamasvoice

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-22-2020
Hii congratulations for your study permit. I have one question in my mind that is you and your family do medical under FSE or study permit means is your medical come under FSE.
Thank you! We did our medicals under my Study Permit application. It will expire in one year. I'm not sure if we still need to undergo another round of medicals if our FSE app starts moving again in Canada.

Homay7

Star Member
Nov 12, 2020

Sorry mate,
Did you hire a lawyer?
Or you acted by your own independently.,...?

Taylah

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
Canada
App. Filed.......
24-12-2020
AOR Received.
12-05-2023
Hello, guys! We got approved today! :)

Though we do have a pending FSE app submitted last 2020, we got tired of waiting so my husband and I decided to apply via the Student Pathway (I am the student and my husband has an OWP). Submitted our online application last Jan. 2022 and got approved, with PPR, just today. We did our medicals last March 2 and we passed the exams one at a time--daughter first, then me and husband, then eldest son, and a day after that, our youngest son. The very next day (that's today, March 16), we got our approval. We will be waiting for our FSE PR approval once we are in Canada.

There is hope yet, so don't give up! If you ever want to explore another pathway to Canada, you might want to consider becoming an international student. God bless everyone!
Congrats to you and your family!

I did the same thing and was approved for the student permit in September 2021, I started my studies in January.

mamasvoice

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-22-2020
Sorry mate,
Did you hire a lawyer?
Or you acted by your own independently.,...?
No, I did solid DIY. Hiring a lawyer or agency is expensive.