Some good news today! I have just received my pre-arrival services letter :D

Full timeline:
Application received - 12/24/20
Permanent AOR + Biometrics request -5/12/23
Biometrics submitted - 5/16/23
Medical Request + ADR - 1/15/24
Medical Passed - 1/30/24
PAL - today

I have a feeling I’m finally close to a decision after 40 months!
Congrats!!!! Great news. I bet I’ll get something new in my portal once we land in the UK

Reactions: Taylah

WillRio

May 1, 2024
Hello! I have a question I am trying to find an answer for! Maybe someone with a similar situation could help me!
Do they ask for an updated police certificate from the country I am living in or all the countries I passed by in the last 10 years one more time.
I already sent all police certificates from all the countries but I was wondering if they need the update from the one I am living in now or the same process I should go through one more time. Legally I am thinking that a no criminal record from a country I didn't go back to will be still vaild! And in some cases it is very complicated process I hope they mean the update from the current one only.

Last edited:
Reactions: a.abhiman

Taylah

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
Canada
App. Filed.......
24-12-2020
AOR Received.
12-05-2023
Hello! I have a question I am trying to find an answer for! Maybe someone with a similar situation could help me!
Do they ask for an updated police certificate from the country I am living in or all the countries I passed by in the last 10 years one more time.
I already sent all police certificates from all the countries but I was wondering if they need the update from the one I am living in now or the same process I should go through one more time. Legally I am thinking that a no criminal record from a country I didn't go back to will be still vaild! And in some cases it is very complicated process I hope they mean the update from the current one only.
You will only need to provide updated police certificates for any country other than Canada where you have lived for 6 months or more since the date on your original police certificates. So just where you are currently unless you spent 6 months in more than one country since applying.

Reactions: WillRio

WillRio

May 1, 2024
You will only need to provide updated police certificates for any country other than Canada where you have lived for 6 months or more since the date on your original police certificates. So just where you are currently unless you spent 6 months in more than one country since applying.
Thank you! This is just a big relief. One less thing to worry about.