+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2019

Mandarin0212

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020
There is no official requirement for funds for the self employed persons stream, but I think it all depends on your NOC and your intended occupation stated in Schedule 6A (or business plan) and your intended place of residence.

Say, the funds required for a writer intended to live in Charlottetown (PEI) would probably be significantly lower than... a film maker intended to live in Toronto?

Your lawyer/ agent may actually have rationalized the budget based on your background, so that your profile are more convincing in terms of 'demonstrating the intention and ability to create his/her own employment in Canada'.

Just my guess.

May I ask what is your NOC, and where is your intended place of residence in Canada?

20K for a family of 3 is the basic funds required for skilled workers without a valid job offer.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/prepare-life-canada/prepare-financially.html
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html
Thank you for your detailed answer. The NOC code is 5241 Graphic designer, and the targeted are is Gibsons (BC, Sunshine coast)

vj171081

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
Does the principal applicant need to work in the NOC code applied or can they do multiple jobs if the business is not successful? Is their a limitation on years or somethig?

kakkar.anuj

Sep 15, 2020
Wow congrats man. Really wish I could help but i guess you might just have to wait patiently and see. You are definitely ahead of most of us here.
Hi , can you tell us.more about the onterview part. What is it like and what do they ask? Thanks mate in.advance

marimoraesmm

Jun 11, 2019
Hi everyone
Hope all of you are doing well !
We are all on the same boat :)
My SE application sent on 16th March 2020
Package received NS in 25th March 2020
No updates...
AOR timeline is 3 months, I don't know if it is due to covid 19 or a normal procedure. But any way you are still within the normal processing time for AOR.
Best of luck to all of us
I am in the same situation, applied in March 2019 and no updates since AOR received in April 13th 2019. 5 months left on my timeline
Sent to NS office.

Reactions: Mayakassem

Vaihhavv4u

Sep 21, 2020
I am in the same situation, applied in March 2019 and no updates since AOR received in April 13th 2019. 5 months left on my timeline
Sent to NS office.
Hi All,

I applied in Feb 2020 for me, my wife and son under NOC 5251
Application recieved by them on 9th March 2020
I recieved a request for uploading birth certificate on March 22 2020
Request for Biometric on 16 Sept 2020
However, given that no centers are currently operating in India, we are in limbo.
Anyone else stuck in this situation or have any idea of what this means? Is it safe to assume that a call for biometric is indicative of qualifying ?

Reactions: Mayakassem

Mayakassem

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Category........
BUSINESS
Hi All,

However, given that no centers are currently operating in India, we are in limbo.
Anyone else stuck in this situation or have any idea of what this means? Is it safe to assume that a call for biometric is indicative of qualifying ?
Great that means that things are moving ahead. Biometric call is not related to qualifying or not, actually it is a norrmal procedure and if it indicates to something is that your application is complete.

ParuMani

Star Member
Feb 23, 2020
Hi All,

Wow.. Congrats on the progress so far..

Feb 20th 2020 AOR.. Still waiting for the Biometrics email or Medical request .. Raised couple of WebForms for the same but got standard reply that the application is still in process and no further updates.

JaunRaza

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
UAE
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
12-08-2019
AOR Received.
12-08-1988
Hello Everyone,

Can anyone help me to draft a Bussines plan as a Graphic designer and recommended someone who can do it professionally .?

Vaihhavv4u

Sep 21, 2020
Wow.. Congrats on the progress so far..

Feb 20th 2020 AOR.. Still waiting for the Biometrics email or Medical request .. Raised couple of WebForms for the same but got standard reply that the application is still in process and no further updates.
Thank you. I don't think they reply to such emails. I did send in additional documents in the interim to help with my application and always got an acknowledgement at the time.

sweelinck

Star Member
Aug 2, 2020
Poland
Category........
BUSINESS
Hi folks,
the self-employed page at canada.ca gives this error:
"Error loading the number of days. Try again. "
It used to show 23 months processing time, now nothing... I'm about to send my application, does it mean it will take even longer?