+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2019

haukwan

Aug 15, 2020
hi guys, all documents are ready to be shipped, as there are a lot of papers, wondering how you guys organise it in this case. allow binding? thanks

danishyasin33

Aug 29, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
06-06-2020
Hello everyone,

My self employed application reached Central Intake Office in Nova Scotia on July 2nd 2020.
However, two months after, I still have not heard anything back from CIC.

I have tried checking my application status through the online tool and have tried linking my online account with my application. But, both tools return that no such application exists.

Is anyone else facing a similar situation?

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
Hello everyone,

My self employed application reached Central Intake Office in Nova Scotia on July 2nd 2020.

I have tried checking my application status through the online tool and have tried linking my online account with my application. But, both tools return that no such application exists.

You need to receive an AOR (acknowledgement of receipt) before you can link your account to your application...
Your package must have reached them though. It's just the pandemic causing delay to the processing... all we need is patience ;)

danishyasin33

Aug 29, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
06-06-2020
You need to receive an AOR (acknowledgement of receipt) before you can link your account to your application...
Your package must have reached them though. It's just the pandemic causing delay to the processing... all we need is patience ;)
Yes, I am being patient but it is just making me nervous that most people get AOR within a month. Thank you for your response :cool:

Mayakassem

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Category........
BUSINESS
Yes, I am being patient but it is just making me nervous that most people get AOR within a month. Thank you for your response :cool:
That was before the pandemic, while during the pandemic (AOR) is taking more han 6 months to be received.
My application was delivered on 25th of march 2020 and still didn't receive the AOR.

danishyasin33

Aug 29, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
06-06-2020
That was before the pandemic, while during the pandemic (AOR) is taking more han 6 months to be received.
My application was delivered on 25th of march 2020 and still didn't receive the AOR.
That is a long time. I hope they pick up the pace soon.

Reactions: Mayakassem

Mandarin0212

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020
Hi everyone,
did anyone make the IELTS exam and put it into the application? I know the program says that it is not required but our immigration agent wants to make it with us. Do you have experience about this? Did you make it? And with which result? our agent told us it is needs to be at least 6 band.
Thank you in advance

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
Hi everyone,
did anyone make the IELTS exam and put it into the application? I know the program says that it is not required but our immigration agent wants to make it with us. Do you have experience about this? Did you make it? And with which result? our agent told us it is needs to be at least 6 band.
Thank you in advance
Some of us here did, some didn't.
If you would like to claim points for your official language ability, yes you (and your spouse) will need to take IELTS General.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/self-employed/eligibility/selection-factors.html#language

CIC didn't provide a black-and-white requirement for IELTS for SE applicants but it's speculated that you may refer to the banding requirements for EE:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/language-requirements/language-testing.html

For CLB7 it is basically all 6.

Reactions: Mandarin0212

Dymanita

Aug 20, 2019
Hello everyone,

It's same here. I believe it's because of the pandemic.

tarekbeder

Sep 2, 2020
It's same here. I believe it's because of the pandemic.
same here. and I have contacted them through web form and attached the airway bill and they replied as follow:

Good day Tareq Bdeir,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is not available in the system yet.

We invite you to verify the processing times on the IRCC website and contact us using the IRCC Web form if they have passed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

Reactions: NDDG

visu_can

Sep 5, 2020
AOR October 24, 2019
Hi everyone, please review my timeline as shared below (In June I received a ghost update that changed from "We are reviewing the additional documents you provided." to "November 25, 2019 We are reviewing the additional documents you provided." Only addition of the date i.e 25 November does that slight change mean any progress in my case?

Review of eligibility

• We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents
  • November 25, 2019 We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • November 7, 2019 Completed.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made

Thanks

praxs4u

Star Member
Nov 17, 2018
Mumbai, India
AOR October 24, 2019
Hi everyone, please review my timeline as shared below (In June I received a ghost update that changed from "We are reviewing the additional documents you provided." to "November 25, 2019 We are reviewing the additional documents you provided." Only addition of the date i.e 25 November does that slight change mean any progress in my case?

Review of eligibility

• We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents
  • November 25, 2019 We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • November 7, 2019 Completed.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made

Thanks
Hello,

Thank you for your timeline update, can you tell me from which country did you applied from ??

Regards
Prakash

Reactions: visu_can

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
Hi all,
can I ask you about the proof of founds? I know there is a table about the minimum requirements, but one of our agent said for 3 people the officer like to sees we have a minimum 50.000 Cad, instead of the necessary 20.000 CAD. It is a big difference. How do you know about and how much do you proof for 1-3 persons.
Thank you very much
There is no official requirement for funds for the self employed persons stream, but I think it all depends on your NOC and your intended occupation stated in Schedule 6A (or business plan) and your intended place of residence.

Say, the funds required for a writer intended to live in Charlottetown (PEI) would probably be significantly lower than... a film maker intended to live in Toronto?

Your lawyer/ agent may actually have rationalized the budget based on your background, so that your profile are more convincing in terms of 'demonstrating the intention and ability to create his/her own employment in Canada'.

Just my guess.

May I ask what is your NOC, and where is your intended place of residence in Canada?

20K for a family of 3 is the basic funds required for skilled workers without a valid job offer.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/prepare-life-canada/prepare-financially.html
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html

Reactions: Mandarin0212