Sep 12, 2019
Canada
My timeline
Application Received: August 23, 2019
Biometrics Requested: August 30, 2019
Biometrics Done: September 2, 2019
Medical Requested: February 17, 2020
Medical Passed: February 27, 2020

I'm still waiting for the eligibility and background check. I don't know how long that will take ? But I guess the medical results are only valid for a year , so I hope I can get an answer before it expires.
That's fast! May I ask where is your visa office and what is your NOC please?

angemon

May 10, 2020
That's fast! May I ask where is your visa office and what is your NOC please?
I'm applying from Morocco, I filled out all the form myself and I didn't event know about this forum before that, I just followed the instructions and sent the documentations by mail , then got a reply in just 10 days. I don't remember my NOC exactly, is there a way to find it on the website ?

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
I'm applying from Morocco, I filled out all the form myself and I didn't event know about this forum before that, I just followed the instructions and sent the documentations by mail , then got a reply in just 10 days. I don't remember my NOC exactly, is there a way to find it on the website ?
yes: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/find-national-occupation-code.html
Usually people here regard medical check the final step prior to approval, however due to COVID there may be some unforeseen wait in between..
All the best!

JaunRaza

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
UAE
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
12-08-2019
AOR Received.
12-08-1988
In simple words NOC means what you do ? Under which occupation you have applied ? Coz your application is doing very well. Its very rare to get Medical Request that early.

angemon

May 10, 2020
In simple words NOC means what you do ? Under which occupation you have applied ? Coz your application is doing very well. Its very rare to get Medical Request that early.
Marketing manager. NOC: 0124

I didn't know my application was good until you guys replied , because I have filled out the form myself and I thought that I may have missed something. Good to hear that, still I guess because of the pandemic our application will be delayed too. In my account it said they are doing background check , I thought that need to be done before medical , but I guess each country and each application has its own process.

Last edited:

JaunRaza

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
UAE
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
12-08-2019
AOR Received.
12-08-1988
Marketing manager. NOC: 0124

I didn't know my application was good until you guys replied , because I have filled out the form myself and I thought that I may have missed something. Good to hear that, still I guess because of the pandemic our application will be delayed too. In my account it said they are doing background check , I thought that need to be done before medical , but I guess each country and each application has its own process.
That's mean you haven't applied under self-employed stream but as per my understanding you have applied through Express Entry pool. You got the invitation to send the documents ?

Reactions: comerunning19

angemon

May 10, 2020
That's mean you haven't applied under self-employed stream but as per my understanding you have applied through Express Entry pool. You got the invitation to send the documents ?
No I applied under self-emloyed stream, estimated processing time was 24 months , remaining time is 12 months for my application. But from what I learned from @leavingonajetplane2016 post and experience sometimes they process applications faster than the estimated time , in her experience it was 9 months instead of 3 years that was estimated.

Reactions: typeaimages

typeaimages

Star Member
Apr 1, 2020
No I applied under self-emloyed stream, estimated processing time was 24 months , remaining time is 12 months for my application. But from what I learned from @leavingonajetplane2016 post and experience sometimes they process applications faster than the estimated time , in her experience it was 9 months instead of 3 years that was estimated.
This gives me a glimmer of hope. I keep counting 24 months out from application time that keeps getting set back....and set back.....sigh. I hope if I'm UBER organized once things open up I'll have one of those quick processing times

JaunRaza

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
UAE
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
12-08-2019
AOR Received.
12-08-1988
How come marketing manager NOC applied under Self employed bussines stream ? Its strange. I dont get it. If someone else can help me to understand it.

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
I don't think that's 100% about the NOC, but rather the nature of work (as long as it's in the cultural/ athletic fields) plus as long as the person is self-employed...
@angemon , did you apply through a lawyer/ consultant though?

angemon

May 10, 2020
How come marketing manager NOC applied under Self employed bussines stream ? Its strange. I dont get it. If someone else can help me to understand it.
Because I do that as a self-employed person, I work from home online , I create marketing strategy courses (videos and ebooks) and I teach people how I make money online on my YouTube channels and on Instagram. I was a civil engineer before that but I quit my job because I didn't like it, so in my application I mentioned that I'm a civil engineer who quit his job and start working online, and I got success which I tried to share and teach on my vlogs/videos/courses to other people. I showed proofs of payment from ad networks of the last 2 years (from 2017 to 2019) and also some of feedbacks from my students (from USA and Europe) and I mentioned that I can help Canadian people just the way I helped those students from different countries. (In the schedule 6a: business immigrants - self-employed person -> page 2 of 4 -> 7- Your experience (federal business class applicants) )

Not to forget that I help startups and small companies with their marketing as a digital marketing consultant , I mentioned that too in my application that I can help small businesses online/offline.

Last edited:
Reactions: comerunning19

angemon

May 10, 2020
I don't think that's 100% about the NOC, but rather the nature of work (as long as it's in the cultural/ athletic fields) plus as long as the person is self-employed...
@angemon , did you apply through a lawyer/ consultant though?
No I applied myself , just followed the instructions on https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/self-employed/apply.html

I didn't know there were other people doing this and I didn't know about this forum before.

Last edited:

JaunRaza

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
UAE
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
12-08-2019
AOR Received.
12-08-1988
Because I do that as a self-employed person, I work from home online , I create marketing strategy courses (videos and ebooks) and I teach people how I make money online on my YouTube channels and on Instagram. I was a civil engineer before that but I quit my job because I didn't like it, so in my application I mentioned that I'm a civil engineer who quit his job and start working online, and I got success which I tried to share and teach on my vlogs/videos/courses to other people. I showed proofs of payment from ad networks of the last 2 years (from 2017 to 2019) and also some of feedbacks from my students (from USA and Europe) and I mentioned that I can help Canadian people just the way I helped those students from different countries. (In the schedule 6a: business immigrants - self-employed person -> page 2 of 4 -> 7- Your experience (federal business class applicants) )

Not to forget that I help startups and small companies with their marketing as a digital marketing consultant , I mentioned that too in my application that I can help small businesses online/offline.
Very nice, now this make sense, so you fall under creative Artis catagory i assume. Well your application is doing so good, most of people here are waiting for medical call and on average it takes one year to get Medical request. Do you have any idea which Visa office is yours ?
God luck and you should start preparing :)

Last edited:

sweelinck

Star Member
Aug 2, 2020
Poland
Category........
BUSINESS
Hi there! I'm trying to apply for this program, I'm a self-employed musician with international performance experience, more than 10 years.
what I didn't understand is the settlement funds. Let's say for a family of 4 people the fund is about 24k CAD.
The question is: do I need to have this money before the application? or at the moment of entering Canada with the PR?

typeaimages

Star Member
Apr 1, 2020
Hi there! I'm trying to apply for this program, I'm a self-employed musician with international performance experience, more than 10 years.
what I didn't understand is the settlement funds. Let's say for a family of 4 people the fund is about 24k CAD.
The question is: do I need to have this money before the application? or at the moment of entering Canada with the PR?
The way my lawyer explained it to me is that we have to have that available when we apply (they ask about it on the application) and when PR is granted.

Reactions: sweelinck