+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2019

NDDG

Star Member
Feb 26, 2020
I'm starting this thread for those who are considering sending in an application under self-employed category in 2019.

Current processing time on CIC website says 21 months.

You can find occupations that fall under self-employed category here - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=291&top=6.

Let's all support each other as we proceed on this journey in 2019...

Regards
Prakash Patel
Hello, can you tell please how did you know when your application was delivered (and signed)?
I sent my application to Sydney, Nova Scotia with the DHL courier on June 22, and the latest update I can see (on DHL website) is for Jun 25: "Delivery arranged no details expected; Location - ONTARIO SERVICE AREA, ON - SYDNEY - CANADA".
Did you know the delivery date when you received your AOR or before that?
Thank you.

Last edited:

SanjayS2512

Star Member
Feb 13, 2020
Dubai
Category........
Other
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
6-04-2020
AOR Received.
Temporary Application Number - 5-03-2021
Hello, can you tell please how did you know when your application was delivered (and signed)?
I sent my application to Sydney, Nova Scotia with the DHL courier on June 22, and the latest update I can see (on DHL website) is for Jun 25: "Delivery arranged no details expected; Location - ONTARIO SERVICE AREA, ON - SYDNEY - CANADA".
Thank you.
Hi,

I had same message and when I asked customer care from DHL, they informed that they do not have DHL delivery arrangement from Ontario. Therefore they will arrange delivery from local postal service.

It usually takes 1 day

Mayakassem

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Category........
BUSINESS
Thank you.
Hello
Hi,

I had same message and when I asked customer care from DHL, they informed that they do not have DHL delivery arrangement from Ontario. Therefore they will arrange delivery from local postal service.

It usually takes 1 day
Hello
I got the same messsge as well, and when I asked the DHL for tracking number they provided me with intetnal one other than the intetnational initial one.

ParuMani

Star Member
Feb 23, 2020
Hi,

It usually takes 1 day
Loomis courier service. ask them about your package using the DHL tracking number... They are the agents for DHL

NDDG

Star Member
Feb 26, 2020
any update guys.?
I sent my application on Jun 22 with the DHL courier, and it was delivered on Jun 25 (on the DHL website it says the parcel is in Sydney, ON, however, the DHL customer service said that it's in Sydney, NS). Now waitig for the AOR.

Last edited:

NDDG

Star Member
Feb 26, 2020
Hello

Hello
I got the same messsge as well, and when I asked the DHL for tracking number they provided me with intetnal one other than the intetnational initial one.
Thank you for the helpful information. I just wrote a post that I talked to DHL and that say that per their information my package is in Sydney, NS. But I will also try to contact the Loomis courier service as someone here suggested.

Reactions: Mayakassem

Jzy

Aug 28, 2019
How can someone who mistakenly captured a wrong figure for settlement fund correct such error.
Note : application has been submitted.

SanjayS2512

Star Member
Feb 13, 2020
Dubai
Category........
Other
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
6-04-2020
AOR Received.
Temporary Application Number - 5-03-2021
How can someone who mistakenly captured a wrong figure for settlement fund correct such error.
Note : application has been submitted.
I think only way is to raise web specific form or send a letter of explanation to visa office

Reactions: Jzy

Joseph12$

Jul 10, 2020
Hi everyone,

We are applying from India under the category of film producer.

This is our timeline.

18th Sep 2019 Sent application Fedex courier from India to Canada
20th Sep 2019 Application received at Sydney Canada
25th Oct 2019 AOR and biometrics letter received
5th Nov 2019 Biometrics completed and sent.

Haven’t heard anything since then. Does anyone know if India has processed any applications with a similar timeline? The status online shows “Submitted” not “in process”.

Is there anyway we can find out what’s going on?

Mayakassem

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Category........
BUSINESS
As IRCC tweet:
We are processing paper-based permanent residence applications to the extent possible. We will contact you once there is an update regarding your application. Please note it is not possible to re-submit a paper based PR application online.

Reactions: fasoola7321

praxs4u

Star Member
Nov 17, 2018
Mumbai, India
Hi everyone,

We are applying from India under the category of film producer.

This is our timeline.

18th Sep 2019 Sent application Fedex courier from India to Canada
20th Sep 2019 Application received at Sydney Canada
25th Oct 2019 AOR and biometrics letter received
5th Nov 2019 Biometrics completed and sent.

Haven’t heard anything since then. Does anyone know if India has processed any applications with a similar timeline? The status online shows “Submitted” not “in process”.

Is there anyway we can find out what’s going on?

HI,

I am on the same timeline ....no update yet...

Regards
Prakash

angemon

May 10, 2020
My timeline
Application Received: August 23, 2019
Biometrics Requested: August 30, 2019
Biometrics Done: September 2, 2019
Medical Requested: February 17, 2020
Medical Passed: February 27, 2020

I'm still waiting for the eligibility and background check. I don't know how long that will take ? But I guess the medical results are only valid for a year , so I hope I can get an answer before it expires.