+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2018

robinsteve

Aug 29, 2021
Hello everyone, is refund for RPRF automatic when application is refused? And how long does it take to get the money into my account, I paid with my bank card. Do I need to request the refund or will it be processed automatically after the refusal?
Sadly my application was refused after 3 years of waiting.
Please someone with the knowledge should share.
Thanks.

All the best guys
Sorry to hear your refusal after 3 or 4 year waiting. Good luck.

Ansionuk

Feb 11, 2022
Hello everyone, is refund for RPRF automatic when application is refused? And how long does it take to get the money into my account, I paid with my bank card. Do I need to request the refund or will it be processed automatically after the refusal?
Sadly my application was refused after 3 years of waiting.
Please someone with the knowledge should share.
Thanks.

All the best guys
So Sorry for the refusal, on which ground were you refused? if you don't mind me asking

RPRF refund is automatic as soon as IRCC issue refusal letter, however, the process may take some time:

Processing refunds of online RPRF payments
  1. The visa office that recorded/allocated the online payment in GCMS (displayed as the “Create office” on the fee tab in GCMS) must trigger the refund process in GCMS.
  2. The visa office processing the refund completes the Refund Request Form for Online Payments Only.
  3. The refund request form must be signed by a delegated employee with refund of revenue authority [Section 34 (Restricted to section 20) of the Financial Administration Act].
  4. The completed form and a copy of the HPM receipt must be sent to NHQ Finance.
  5. NHQ Finance will issue the refund payment within 4 to 6 weeks. No intervention is required by DFATD visa office finance.

Beelin

Aug 13, 2019
Hello everyone

My application was rejected yesterday. The rejection letter quote this reason below:

‘You have not provided a business plan which explores the area of Canada in which you plan to settle. You have not explained how your goal of being a ‘insert my NOC here’ would make a significant contribution to the Canadian economy.

i find above reason to be lazy and very vague as I provided an extensive business plan when I submitted my application. With enough port folio and online presence everywhere on how I’ve been doing the same business for over half a decade and how I plan to continue in Canada

please I need your advice. Do you think I should appeal. And how do I go about it?

yinlei

May 10, 2022
sorry to hear this sad news. May I ask your NOC ? Which kind of online presence are you referring to? And in your biz plan how you demonstrate your biz future in Canada? Pls share. And wish you good luck......

Hello everyone

My application was rejected yesterday. The rejection letter quote this reason below:

‘You have not provided a business plan which explores the area of Canada in which you plan to settle. You have not explained how your goal of being a ‘insert my NOC here’ would make a significant contribution to the Canadian economy.

i find above reason to be lazy and very vague as I provided an extensive business plan when I submitted my application. With enough port folio and online presence everywhere on how I’ve been doing the same business for over half a decade and how I plan to continue in Canada

please I need your advice. Do you think I should appeal. And how do I go about it?

Last edited:

PB India

Star Member
Jul 7, 2023
Hello,
Anyone who applied in July 2021, Any update after the Temp AOR (received on Aug 2021)?
please if anyone prior to this in 2021 share the timeline and further updates.
Thanks.

dsgn

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020
After 4 years and six months of waiting, I finally got a medical request today. Submitted Nov. 27, 2018; AOR Feb. 13, 2019; Biometrics, Feb. 19, 2019. Then a long silence until now. We seem to be making some progress at last!
Congratulations. Where you asked to update any documents such as POF? It must have been A huge surprise bc u must have forgotten You submitted application .

khurram69

Star Member
Sep 17, 2020
Pakistan
Category........
Other
Urgent:
Any one did upfront medical for self-employed application?

means without medical request, performed upfront medical and submit details to IRCC?

PB India

Star Member
Jul 7, 2023
Hi guys,

This is Ammar and I am based in Sweden. I sent my application of self-employed person immigration to Canada on July 8. A month later (on August 7), the IRCC sent me the client and application numbers (by e-mail). And asked me to pay for the biometrics fees (CAD 85). Does this imply/mean my application is accepted?

July 8: I sent the application by registered mail.

July 26: Received by IRCC.

August 7: AOR.
have you got any permanent AOR or anything after your AOR?

samAzim

Feb 14, 2024
hi everyone, Is there anyone here who had an interview who can share what usually happens and the questions that have been asked?
I appreciate any help you can provide.