+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self and spouse received passport request but not the dependant child

Pdhaarshan

Jan 8, 2020
Hi all

Please share your thoughts on this topic, below are the facts

1. My office has applied for a work permit for me, an open work permit for my spouse and a dependant visa for my child. This was applied as a family visa. India to Ontario.
2. All of us have completed medicals.
3. My four year old child received a furtherence medical letter as he has a speech delay and possibly mild autism.
4. Furtherence was adhered, his condition was explained, mentioned he needs therapy and all reports were duly sent by the hospitals, I reconfirmed this with the medical officer.
5. Received biometric for myself and my spouse and we completed it.
6. Received passport request letter for myself and my spouse only but not for child.
7. Child's visa application status is in progress on IRCC.
8. Submitted my passport as well as my spouse's passport today.
9. Awaiting child's passport request letter.

Based on above are there chances that my child's visa will be refused?
Does that mean the whole family could be refused owing to the inadmissability of the child?
Inadmissability clauses I saw on IRCC says dependent children are exempt, does that mean he will be accepted?

Confused and paranoid, kindly help.

Regards
Pharshan

Last edited:

jaseenaliottawa

Jun 23, 2019
LANDED..........
April 5 2022
Hi all

1. My office has applied for a work permit for me, an open work permit for my spouse and a dependant visa for my child. This was applied as a family visa. India to Ontario.
3. My four year old child received a furtherence medical letter as he has a speech delay and possibly mild autism.
4. Furtherence was adhered, his condition was explained, mentioned he needs therapy and all reports were duly sent by the hospitals, I reconfirmed this with the medical officer.
6. Received passport request letter for myself and my spouse only but not for child.

Does that mean the whole family could be refused owing to the inadmissability of the child?
Inadmissability clauses I saw on IRCC says dependent children are exempt, does that mean he will be accepted?

Regards
Pharshan
If your child is refused , you all will be refused .

jaseenaliottawa

Jun 23, 2019
LANDED..........
April 5 2022
But dosen't receiving a passport request letter mean visa application is approved and the passport is requested for visa stamping?
In my case myself and my spouse have received passport request letter..
As i said if your child gets approved , no problem . if he gets refused you all get a refusal because he is a dependant .

Pdhaarshan

Jan 8, 2020
Bumping this post as there is an update and need some help interpreting the situation.

Visa for my spouse and myself is stamped on the passport. I have still not received update about my kid's visa nor received passport request letter for him. A webinquiry has been submitted couple of weeks back and there is no reply from IRCC. Status is in process.

Based on these facts how do I interpret this one? As both the parents have been stamped with Work permit, will my kid also be approved and issued with Visa?

Someone told me that IRCC takes a bit of time in this case for the kid as they have to identify school that has speech therapy services. I dont have a clue about this though.

regards
Pdarshan

Hi all

Regards
Pharshan

sairam_10

Nov 5, 2020
For us the application was approved by IRCC . Note the application was to extend the visitor permit for my child who is inside Canada .

It’s takes time for the approval. Wish you all the best. God bless your family

Feb 25, 2024
We have received our letter of introduction from the Canadian embassy in Manila , for open work permits, but we don’t have a passport request for my 8 year old dependent child.