+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Selected for Quality Insurance / Interview after waiver

M+JM

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

Because only a few applicants go through Quality Assurance it's hard to get any information. I've found s few people who knew what it was, but not a lot of people who actually had any experience of it. I'm starting this thread because of my personal case, but it would be nice for anyone who has to go through QA to have some info at hand on this forum!

My case:

We're London September 2007 FSW applicants. In Feb 2010 we learnt that we had been transferred to Case Processing Pilot Ottawa (CPPO) for faster processing. Documents were sent in April 2010, and medicals completed in September 2010.
Then no news for 3 months...

In January 2011 we got a reply to our inquiry from CPPO saying that our file was "ready for visa". And in early March, other CPPO applicants in the exact same situation started to receive their PPRS. We were next...Were we?

After 1 month of everyone getting their PPRS, we emailed CPPO. Their reply was as follows:

Your file was transferred back to our office in London, UK, for Quality Assurance. Our office in London will contact you once they are ready to proceed.

Does anyone have any experience of Quality insurance? After a little research I understand that QA basically involves interviewing a few random cases for which interview had been waived in the first place, just to prove that they were indeed right to waive it...

Does anyone have a timeline or any idea how long this might take London?

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
its called Interview in other CHC's. I am not sure why they wrote Quality Assurance instead of Interview whcih has been the standardized word used by CIC. Anyways, They might have something to ask or they just wanna delay the processing time.

S

shibuya

For a quality assurance interview u can go there entirely relaxed and it is not same like the other interviews where the applicant is called for certain verification which is doubted by the V.O.
You r 100% safe and the visas are all urs but generally few applicants are called for Quality Assurance interview and its a random call. Just RELAX.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
I've seen that some Interviews resulted in rejection in CHC ND, mostly related to marriage scam.
you should not worry. just be prepared.

M+JM

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh I know we have nothing to worry about, we're 100% clear with our documents and everything...It's just the extra delay, we were "ready for visa" in January, now who knows when London will send us the official letter...and when the interview will take place...and when they'll issue PPRs... and when we can finally GO! Someone was saying somewhere else that visa might be issued on same day as interview, but I'm taking this one with a pinch of Canadian salt ::)

Thanks for your advice guys!

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
They might have something to ask you about one or more things that they are very curious.
They might just want to delay the case, they have a quota and these days they are struggling to deal with scores n scores of admissible applicants after IN PROCESS.

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dontworry , Relax, and just remember all checklist documents you sent, Quality Assurance call mostly they will ask you on doubt of specific documents which you submitted, in india some people married with inter-cast marriage we called in india , this kind of marriage very few people choose intercast marriage (like hindu marry with christian,sikh, muslim or even in another cast of hindu itself then VO ask on marriage).
you are ok if you clear doubts of VO, remember this Quality Assurance is not visa interview. so, don't be affraid.

OMM

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Let us know what happened with QA/Interview. it would be a lesson for others who would be heading towards QA like you.

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview Waivers

At their discretion, visa officers may approve an application for permanent residence in Canada without holding a selection interview. An interview waiver will significantly expedite the processing of the application. Usually, well-prepared applications, which are complete in every detail will increase the chances of an interview waiver.

When assessing an application under the Skilled Worker category, visa officers will consider several factors before granting an interview waiver such as:

Quality and completeness of the application forms and documents

Proof of the applicant's English and/or French language ability

The applicant's educational qualifications

The applicant's professional qualifications such as quality of his/her educational background and work experience

The applicant's potential for adaptability, resourcefulness and motivation to successfully establish himself/herself in Canada

The applicant's overall integrity and credibility

Nevertheless, a selection interview may occasionally be required for even highly qualified applicants, as Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) officials randomly select such applicants to test the accuracy of their interview-waiving criteria for quality assurance purposes.

Rarely, it is also possible that after an interview waiver has been granted, the visa officer may change his/her mind and require the applicant to come to the selection interview or vice versa.

but generaly interview is very easy and takes 10minutes maximum.

Read more on CIC Website:
Scroll on topic at "Quality Assurance Program" on http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5445E8.asp

OMM

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
A solid +1 to OMM for providing clear, supportive information. M+JM, you sound quietly confident about your submission, but must be wondering "Why us?" That matter-of-fact attitude will stand you in good stead to get over this final hurdle. All the best!

M+JM

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah, thanks for the link omm, and you're right Pippin (fool of a Took ;D if I remember my Tolkien), it's exactly a case of "why us?" Murphy's Law again... Seeing everyone on the CPPO thread get they PRs one by one and we were left behind...
We know our application is 100% clear, can't see what they would have doubts about, documents in French perhaps...
I'm confident this is just a routine check "to test the accuracy of their interview-waiving criteria" like you put it, so they know they can keep waiving interviews...
I guess we can console ourselves by saying that we're helping make it quicker for future applicants then ;)

Thanks for the support, will keep you posted.