+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Selected by Pnp Ontario but I want to apply to Nova Scotia

LardiaMagellan

Sep 29, 2018
Hello all,

I have a particular situation that I really need help to figure. I have apply through the express entry and I have a score CRS of 401. I immediately received an NOI from Ontario for their province nomination program. However, I quiet don't have the $12000 required to show proof of funds. Therefore, I want to apply to Nova Scotia program but I don't know if I could have a nomination waiting for me like the Ontario one, and still apply for one, like Nova Scotia. Can someone please help clarify that?
Also, for the proof of funds for Ontario PNP do the bank statements needs to be on my name? Can a parent or relative sponsor me with their bank statements?

Thank you very much

Zigzag85

Oct 20, 2017
How did you get the nomination are you a french speaker?
Nova Scotia will need proof of funds as well.

LardiaMagellan

Sep 29, 2018
How did you get the nomination are you a french speaker?
Nova Scotia will need proof of funds as well.
Yes I am applying to Nova Scotia as a french speaker since I am a native french speaker. However, under this track it does not seem to show that we need to provide proof of funds except that we have strong intention on living there and plans of accommodations. Am I right? Correct me if I am wrong please.

LardiaMagellan

Sep 29, 2018

Zigzag85

Oct 20, 2017
That's correct! For the express entry you do need to, but not under other streams such as the french speaking one I believe. Also, do you know if those bank statements need to be under the applicant name or a sponsor/family member name? Now, I am asking about Ontario proof of funds. Thank you
I think all the PNPs and express entry need the funds to be in your name and if not for at least 3 months You’ll need an affidavit from the person giving you the money.

Reactions: LardiaMagellan

LardiaMagellan

Sep 29, 2018
I think all the PNPs and express entry need the funds to be in your name and if not for at least 3 months You’ll need an affidavit from the person giving you the money.
Thank you very much for your advice. I still wanted to know one more thing before I close this thread. There is absolutely no problem applying to Nova Scotia while I have a NOI from Ontario correct? I am just trying to see which one would be easier for me to move forward with. Thanks

Sandy3

Star Member
Jun 25, 2017
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
10-01-2018
AOR Received.
16-02-2018
Med's Request
30-05-2018
Med's Done....
14-06-2018
That's correct! For the express entry you do need to, but not under other streams such as the french speaking one I believe. Also, do you know if those bank statements need to be under the applicant name or a sponsor/family member name? Now, I am asking about Ontario proof of funds. Thank you
Under what program are you applying?
I know that you no need funds when you are already living and working in Canada with a job offer.
(I live in Nova Scotia)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1145&top=29