+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SEIZED PASSPORT AT IRCC ETOBICOKE

ali19993

Jun 3, 2022
Back in 2018, I claimed for refugee asylum at IRCC at the Etobicoke branch. At that time they seized my passport. Now, I have obtained my permanent resident card through spousal sponsorship and I have also withdrew my refugee claim. I am trying to get IRCC to give me back my seized passport. I have written emails, sent a mail, made phone calls, and even visited the branch in person but there has been no reply since the last two months via any of the modes of communication. I even went to CBSA, and they suggested that i mail a letter to IRCC and wait for a response. I have heard nothing back, thus far. Please, is there anyone who is going through something similar. If so, can you share some information about the time line it takes to receive your passport, and what you did to obtain it successfully. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Bethel2020

Mar 20, 2021
Back in 2018, I claimed for refugee asylum at IRCC at the Etobicoke branch. At that time they seized my passport. Now, I have obtained my permanent resident card through spousal sponsorship and I have also withdrew my refugee claim. I am trying to get IRCC to give me back my seized passport. I have written emails, sent a mail, made phone calls, and even visited the branch in person but there has been no reply since the last two months via any of the modes of communication. I even went to CBSA, and they suggested that i mail a letter to IRCC and wait for a response. I have heard nothing back, thus far. Please, is there anyone who is going through something similar. If so, can you share some information about the time line it takes to receive your passport, and what you did to obtain it successfully. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
My experience was I sent them a letter through Canada post early February, and I got a response from them last week of may to collect my passport.

Reactions: Dakwin

ali19993

Jun 3, 2022
My experience was I sent them a letter through Canada post early February, and I got a response from them last week of may to collect my passport.
Did you apply on an urgent basis or did you just send a regular mail through Canada post? IJust want to know what your context was, and what details your letter had just to ensure that i have done everything correctly. Also, how early did they give you an appointment to come collect your passport when you received a response. Finally, in those months that you waited for your passport, did you trying calling or doing anything else to keep tabs and/or speed up the process. Thank you so much, any help is appreciated.

Bethel2020

Mar 20, 2021
The fact is that there’s no urgency as regards ircc Etobicoke, there’s a backlog so you need to be patient. During the months I waited, I didn’t call or send a follow up mail because there’s no point. ( all these are what I was told at the Mississauga office). I applied by writing a letter which included the fact that my family and I needed our passports released because we had become permanent residents.
Then after the long wait…, I got an email stating the date and time for pick up. About 4 months is the period which I waited for.

Bethel2020

Mar 20, 2021
The fact is that there’s no urgency as regards ircc Etobicoke, there’s a backlog so you need to be patient. During the months I waited, I didn’t call or send a follow up mail because there’s no point. ( all these are what I was told at the Mississauga office). I applied by writing a letter which included the fact that my family and I needed our passports released because we had become permanent residents.
Then after the long wait…, I got an email stating the date and time for pick up. About 4 months is the period which I waited for.
By the way, I quoted all our passports information in the letter and I also added the date page of the passports which had their stamp that it was seized by them.

ali19993

Jun 3, 2022
Hi
Did any update happen with you my husband facing the same problem
It’s been more than two months and we didn’t receive anything
No news until now i have sent 3 times letter and email at every single email address i could found but no response at all.

Dina1993

Sep 21, 2022
No news until now i have sent 3 times letter and email at every single email address i could found but no response at all.
Did you try going to Canada Border Services Agency
6900 Airport Rd 91 & 93,
Mississauga, ON L4V 18 !!
I’m thinking of giving them a visit
Maybe that will help me

ali19993

Jun 3, 2022
6900 Airport Rd 91 & 93,
Maybe that will help me
Yes i went there but they said i have to contact ircc etobicoke as my passport is with them.

if your husband’s passport was seized at any ircc office then he can retrieve it only from ircc but if it was seized by the cbsa at the border then you can get it back from them

ali19993

Jun 3, 2022
6900 Airport Rd 91 & 93,
Maybe that will help me
You can give it a try you don’t need any appointment or anything just go walk in.

Dina1993

Sep 21, 2022
You can give it a try you don’t need any appointment or anything just go walk in.
His passport was seized also by Etobicoke
It’s been more than two months when he sent the letter

also he apply for refugee travel document five months ago and try to make it urgent by the web form also nothing
This is so frustrating