+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Seems like IRCC is not too strict about meeting the eligibility of urgent processing

limits

May 13, 2015
I applied for my citizenship on Jan 2020 as a routine application. I completed my citizenship test and interview in May 2021.

I was recently speaking to a friend who applied for citizenship in Sept 2020 as an urgent application and he already got an oath invite. Thing is he applied for urgent processing although he didn't need to and just attached his job offer as proof (which didn't really require citizenship for him to maintain his job). But seems like IRCC accepted that as proof and processed his application as an urgent application regardless.

This makes me believe that there is really no risk of applying as an urgent application. Worst case scenario they don't accept the proof and it gets processed as a normal application, best case scenario you get processed urgently.

If this is really how it works, everyone should be applying as an urgent application.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I applied for my citizenship on Jan 2020 as a routine application. I completed my citizenship test and interview in May 2021.

I was recently speaking to a friend who applied for citizenship in Sept 2020 as an urgent application and he already got an oath invite. Thing is he applied for urgent processing although he didn't need to and just attached his job offer as proof (which didn't really require citizenship for him to maintain his job). But seems like IRCC accepted that as proof and processed his application as an urgent application regardless.

This makes me believe that there is really no risk of applying as an urgent application. Worst case scenario they don't accept the proof and it gets processed as a normal application, best case scenario you get processed urgently.

If this is really how it works, everyone should be applying as an urgent application.
Very unlikely. Your friend's case is unusual and might be a one-off case. From the reports that I've read, IRCC officials call the employer to verify if the role that the applicant has been accepted for absolutely requires Citizenship. Only when they get a positive response will IRCC accept the urgent processing request. This is from what I know.

It is weird that your friend got through by submitting a random job offer that did not require citizenship.

limits

May 13, 2015
Very unlikely. Your friend's case is unusual and might be a one-off case. From the reports that I've read, IRCC officials call the employer to verify if the role that the applicant has been accepted for absolutely requires Citizenship. Only when they get a positive response will IRCC accept the urgent processing request. This is from what I know.

It is weird that your friend got through by submitting a random job offer that did not require citizenship.
Yeah funnily enough, it wasn't even a new job, it was a job that he had been at for months.

• Wow
Reactions: rajkamalmohanram