+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Seeking MBA admissions in Canadian Universities

Jas29

May 9, 2019
Hey,

I hail from India; i have completed Bachelor's degree in English Literature. The bachelor's degree was of 3 years mainly. With the three-year BA, can i be eligible for MBA in top universities like Ryerson and schulich?

Please help

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Hey,

I hail from India; i have completed Bachelor's degree in English Literature. The bachelor's degree was of 3 years mainly. With the three-year BA, can i be eligible for MBA in top universities like Ryerson and schulich?

Please help
You will have to do research on the individual universities to find out the requirements. Ryerson accepts only a 4-year bachelor's, Schulich accepts a 3 year degree but they want one year of work experience (in addition to the two years in their admission details), for which you may not qualify, considering you just completed your Bachelor's.

Last edited:

Vijayrahul

May 9, 2019
Hi am from India, I have completed my bachelors in GeoInformatics in anna university, chennai.
I have cgpa of 6.6 and ielts score of 7.5.
Will i get admission for MEng in University of new brunswick or in University of calgary

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Hi am from India, I have completed my bachelors in GeoInformatics in anna university, chennai.
Will i get admission for MEng in University of new brunswick or in University of calgary
Have you looked at the requirements for the universities in question? If you need help in applying, then it would be better to go with a consultant who can help you.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hey,

Please help
You can just look on the college's website, you know.

I looked up Schulich for you.

http://schulich.yorku.ca/admissions/admissions-requirements/mba/
Applicants with 3-year degrees may be considered for admission with one year of work experience beyond the required minimum.

Minimum is 2 years, so you'll need 3 years of work ex. to be eligible for Schulich.

Jas29

May 9, 2019
Yes i have a little less than 3 years of work experience..
And largely, scored 60 per cent in aggregate which is though a good perventage in Delhi University.

How did i present this issue and show that my score is good despite having 60 %.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Yes i have a little less than 3 years of work experience..
And largely, scored 60 per cent in aggregate which is though a good perventage in Delhi University.

How did i present this issue and show that my score is good despite having 60 %.
You can expect that large Canadian universities understand what a 'good' score from another large university is. If your score is truly good, they will know it.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You can expect that large Canadian universities understand what a 'good' score from another large university is. If your score is truly good, they will know it.
To get into an MBA at York or other top schools you probably need very good marks. International students may have lower entrance scores because of the higher tuitions costs.

Jas29

May 9, 2019
Have you looked at the requirements for the universities in question? If you need help in applying, then it would be better to go with a consultant who can help you.
I have started checking admission requirements for Ryerson. It states four years bachelor or equivalent!

Yes, i have also consulted IDP, co-owner of IELTS. It says my score are really low and they have been giving me options for vancover island university.

Jas29

May 9, 2019

How did you calculate CGPA?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have started checking admission requirements for Ryerson. It states four years bachelor or equivalent!

Yes, i have also consulted IDP, co-owner of IELTS. It says my score are really low and they have been giving me options for vancover island university.
Save your money. Wouldn’t recommend VIU.

Jas29

May 9, 2019
Save your money. Wouldn’t recommend VIU.
Okay, btw what's wrong with vancouver Island uni.please tell me.

I am applying for it just to be on the safe side. The consultant, IDP has been telling me that i won't be able to make out bacuse i have three year degree and scored 60 per cent which is considered good score in my university( Delhi University)

Jas29

May 9, 2019
You will have to do research on the individual universities to find out the requirements. Ryerson accepts only a 4-year bachelor's, Schulich accepts a 3 year degree but they want one year of work experience (in addition to the two years in their admission details), for which you may not qualify, considering you just completed your Bachelor's.
I have almost 2.8 years of experience

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Okay, btw what's wrong with vancouver Island uni.please tell me.

I am applying for it just to be on the safe side. The consultant, IDP has been telling me that i won't be able to make out bacuse i have three year degree and scored 60 per cent which is considered good score in my university( Delhi University)
If you are trying to use the MBA to seek employment in Canada most employers haven’t heard of VIU. The MBA won’t be considered equal to most of the MBAs programs in Canada. Lots of money for little return. VIU doesn't Require GMAT and has the reputation of admitting most people which is why most consultants recommend the school. Also unsure if they pay consultants per student that attend their school. I know some universities do.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
If you are trying to use the MBA to seek employment in Canada most employers haven’t heard of VIU. The MBA won’t be considered equal to most of the MBAs programs in Canada. Lots of money for little return. VIU doesn't Require GMAT and has the reputation of admitting most people which is why most consultants recommend the school. Also unsure if they pay consultants per student that attend their school. I know some universities do.
I don't know if VIU would pay consultants - maybe - but I do know that they used to be "Malaspina College" until the BC Liberals tried to secure their re-election by renaming some community colleges universities. In Canada, "university" is a higher level of post-secondary education - it's the top. It can offer masters' and PhD degrees. Universities do original research, have research labs, publishing faculty, etc. Colleges typically cannot offer higher degrees and do not have a lot of faculty that do original research, but they are getting more and more BAs that they can offer. Community colleges are the lowest of the post-secondary sector in Canada, and rarely offer degrees.

So VIU used to be a college and only became a university very recently. Its MBA program is new and not as well-established as other schools. While it's thousands of times better than an MBA offered by a private "college", it may not be as well-recognized in other parts of the world.

Reactions: Jas29