+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Seeking asylum in Canada

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Since the threats coincided with the trial and you were not being threatened before they conclude that after the trial is over the danger will be over. You should also show what you have done to deal with the threats. You reported the threats to the police. Did you move? It is important to show that you are being proactive and have tried to stay in the Bahamas. Would imagine that Canada doesn't accept many asylum seekers from the Bahamas.

Reactions: scylla

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
You may find that you are a witness in a criminal case in Barbados a significant deterrent to a refugee claim. I don’t believe threats resulting from criminal activities, while they will be considered, will carry sufficient bearing to claim assylum. It’s not persecution, it’s a crime. That combined with the fact your are evading what is probably a subpoena to appear as a witness, previous travel to Canada, deportation and criminal convictions, you may find yourself with a rejected application at the POE. I’d seriously consider co tacking an immigration lawyer before you attempt to make a claim.

Reactions: canuck78

Imari07

Jul 11, 2018
You may find that you are a witness in a criminal case in Barbados a significant deterrent to a refugee claim. I don’t believe threats resulting from criminal activities, while they will be considered, will carry sufficient bearing to claim assylum. It’s not persecution, it’s a crime. That combined with the fact your are evading what is probably a subpoena to appear as a witness, previous travel to Canada, deportation and criminal convictions, you may find yourself with a rejected application at the POE. I’d seriously consider co tacking an immigration lawyer before you attempt to make a claim.
Ok thank you so much