+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

seeking asylum as bi but afraid of rejection probability

fahad01

Nov 5, 2019
Hi

I am a bisexual guy and really thinking of seeking asylum but afraid that my case might get rejected because of the low acceptance percentage of bisexual people cases.
I have evidence from past same-sex relationships and some other evidence.
I am wondering if I seek asylum as (gay) and my case gets accepted, will the IRCC find out if I get married to a woman and revoke my PR or even Canadian passport?

Thank you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your bigger issue is the fact that you are suddenly planming on claiming asylum when you were denied a visitor extension. The timing if your claim will raise red flags. Had you feared for your life you would have applied right when you arrived. Dis you leave Canada? All your previous attempts fo remain in Camada have been based on taking pharmacy exams.

fahad01

Nov 5, 2019
Your bigger issue is the fact that you are suddenly planming on claiming asylum when you were demied a visitor extension. The timing if your claim will raise red flags. Had you feared for your life you would have applied right when you arrived.
I was busy studying for my exam and trying different pathways such as study or getting PR

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I was busy studying for my exam and trying different pathways such as study or getting PR
You have been in Canada for a year. Claiming asylum only once you were denied another extension creates huge red flags. It will appear that you couldn't find other options so you applied for asylum. If you wrote the PEBC you must qualify for EE or it would have made no sense to write them if you didn't know that you could already immigrate to Canada.

fahad01

Nov 5, 2019
You have been in Canada for a year. Claiming asylum only once you were denied another extension creates huge red flags. It will appear that you couldn't find other options so you applied for asylum. If you wrote the PEBC you must qualify for EE or it would have made no sense to write them if you didn't know that you could already immigrate to Canada.
I applied for status restoration and got accepted for the purpose of the exam, I wrote the exam and now I have time until early September to find out how to stay permanently.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I applied for status restoration and got accepted for the purpose of the exam, I wrote the exam and now I have time until early September to find out how to stay permanently.
Why did you write the exam if you didn't qualify to immigrate via an economic program? That will also be a huge red flag. You wrote the exams and now are trying to figure out a way to remain in Canada. Applying for asylum will look as your attempt to remain because you only applied a year after entering Canada and once you were denied a visitor extension and had to apply for restoration. When does your status expire again from your restoration?

What is your CRS score?

fahad01

Nov 5, 2019
Why did you write the exam if you didn't qualify to immigrate via an economic program? That will also be a huge red flag. You wrote the exams and now are trying to figure out a way to remain in Canada. Applying for asylum will look as your attempt to remain because you only applied a year after entering Canada and once you were denied a visitor extension and had to apply for restoration. When does your status expire again from your restoration?

What is your CRS score?
Writing the exam is must to get the licensure of pharmacy and I want to apply now because I was trying different pathways and was studying for the exam
My question is, if I seek asylum as gay, will IRCC find out if I get married to a woman?

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Writing the exam is must to get the licensure of pharmacy and I want to apply now because I was trying different pathways and was studying for the exam
My question is, if I seek asylum as gay, will IRCC find out if I get married to a woman?
You are talking about omitting facts in your application and that alone will land you a misrepresentation and will get you a 5 years ban. Never ever lie to IRCC, they will find it out.

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
You want to lie to IRCC? To get status? The nerve!

Reactions: Buletruck

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
If you’re already planning, and I repeat planning to get married to a woman, you’re discrediting all those individuals who’ve actually been persecuted because they are gay
One moment you’re bisexual, next up you’re gay, soon you’ll be asexual
If you’re worried someone will find out details, you’re not
Knock it off

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It is quite difficult to get approval as bisexual. If you were truly in fear for your life filing for asylum would have been your number one priority when you arrived in Canada. The fact that you applied after writing the licensing exams for pharmacists while not having a pathway to immigrate to Canada will create huge red flags that you are trying to find any possible way to remain. If it is discovered that you lied to IRB yes there can be repercussions.

Reactions: jddd and Buletruck

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Keep in mind, there is no time limit to when IRCC can file misrepresentation against you if you are discovered to have made false claims. Even after citizenship. And it does hold consequences.

Reactions: jddd

fahad01

Nov 5, 2019
OK thanks guys
I asked these questions to clarify things ....some people almost accused me being a liar, etc ....remember I didn't do anything I mentioned!!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
OK thanks guys
I asked these questions to clarify things ....some people almost accused me being a liar, etc ....remember I didn't do anything I mentioned!!
You are essentially suggesting you want to aplly for asylum because you don't have any other way to remain in Canada. I don't actually believe you are im fear foe your life because of your sexuality and you plan on marrying a woman. Think anyone whether you are a refugee or not think that those even considering false asylum claims to be an insult to those who have left their country because they have been persecuted and also a huge waste of government time abd resources. Also frustrating for all those people who actually remained at home and worked, dis another degree in their home country or abroad and may have taken IELTS multiplw times to raise their score in order to qualify for a economic immigration program. PGP is out because Canada has a surplus of pharmacists so there is no need for pharmacists in any province. Quebec is thr only province where salaries haven't decreased since the majority of Canadian phamracists don't speak fluent French. What is your CRS score? You must have looked at this before coming to Canada and wriring the PEBCs. Would warn you that applying for asylum has a lot of negative consequences even if you withdraw your application or get approved. It can make travel to other countries vety difficult. I can also make it difficult for family or friends to visit you. There will always be concern that your family or those who you invite will claim asylum as well.

Reactions: jddd