+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Seeking advice from PMM (PROOF OF FUNDS)

memphis

May 17, 2008
Dear PMM:

I submitted bank statements (proof of funds) at the time of application in Skilled Worker
in 2006. Recently CIC informed me to update the evidence of proof of funds.

So that, currently my accounts are empty. If I show a "Notarized Financial Backup Declaration"
signed and declared by my Immediate Maternal Aunt right at this moment then will CIC accept
such as valid "PROOF OF FUNDS". I am single and have to show the amount $10,601 for 1 person
according to CIC: http://cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

Thanks in advance.

Memphis

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

memphis said:
Dear PMM:

I submitted bank statements (proof of funds) at the time of application in Skilled Worker
in 2006. Recently CIC informed me to update the evidence of proof of funds.

So that, currently my accounts are empty. If I show a "Notarized Financial Backup Declaration"
signed and declared by my Immediate Maternal Aunt right at this moment then will CIC accept
such as valid "PROOF OF FUNDS". I am single and have to show the amount $10,601 for 1 person
according to CIC: http://cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

Thanks in advance.

Memphis
Nope, you have to show funds in your name, and they have probably requested 3 months of bank statements, so they are going to question where the money came from.

PMM

M S Chaudhry

Star Member
Jun 6, 2006
The applicant has to show personal bank account with the required money. That is the only proof of financial resources. Even if you are single a bank account maintained by yourself is required to submit.

memphis

May 17, 2008
Dear PMM:

Thanks a lot for your reply.

One more important question; if my immediate elder brother sponsor and guarantor me
as confirming current savings deposit amount $10601 Canadian dollars will be ready to
transfer in my account before the departure in Canada; will CIC accept it as a valid "PROOF OF FUNDS"?

Memphis

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

memphis said:
Dear PMM:

Thanks a lot for your reply.

One more important question; if my immediate elder brother sponsor and guarantor me
as confirming current savings deposit amount $10601 Canadian dollars will be ready to
transfer in my account before the departure in Canada; will CIC accept it as a valid "PROOF OF FUNDS"?

Memphis
No, it is your brothers money, they want to see YOUR funds, not your relatives.

PMM

habib890

Mar 30, 2008
Transfer the money to your bank account from your brother's account. Then take a bank statement/ statement on a bank letterhead stating that you have this much of amount available. Thats how you can avoid the 3 months' transactions history (unless CIC directly asked for 3 months of transaction)
Once you are landing in Canada you can bring the money with you and return to your brother.

memphis

May 17, 2008
Dear PMM, habib890 and M S Chaudhry:

Thanks once again for all of your valuable suggestions.

Memphis

irenesario

Star Member
Feb 14, 2009
Philippines
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear friends:

I would just like to verify how much would a family of 5 need as a proof of funds. A member of one consultancy firm told me that a family of five would need 70,000 Canadian dollars to be able to apply is this true? In the CIC website it was clearly stated that a family of 5 would need 23,425 Canadian dollars. Where do you think this guy got his figure.

Irene

Wolvy

May 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-29-2011
AOR Received.
PER: 9-1-2011, 10-4-2011 2nd AOR
Med's Request
10-28-2013 & RPRF requested, doc request 12-27-2013
Med's Done....
11-8-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-19-2014
M.A.G.4.0. said:
Dear friends:

I would just like to verify how much would a family of 5 need as a proof of funds. A member of one consultancy firm told me that a family of five would need 70,000 Canadian dollars to be able to apply is this true? In the CIC website it was clearly stated that a family of 5 would need 23,425 Canadian dollars. Where do you think this guy got his figure.

Irene
Yes for a family of five its 23,425 Canadian. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp Not sure were he got that info from but that wouldn't be a firm I would engage if they didn't know something as basic as the POF levels. Of course the more money you can bring with you the better, but the minimal level is what you quoted above.

irenesario

Star Member
Feb 14, 2009
Philippines
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wolvy said:
Yes for a family of five its 23,425 Canadian. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp Not sure were he got that info from but that wouldn't be a firm I would engage if they didn't know something as basic as the POF levels. Of course the more money you can bring with you the better, but the minimal level is what you quoted above.
Dear Wolvy:

Thank you very much for your prompt reply, I just heard this from one of my co-Nurse, who seems to know it all (hehehe).

Thankfully,
Irene