+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Seeking Advice for Parent's Super Visa application

patel1212

Mar 13, 2018
Hi,
I am going to apply for my parents' Super Visa but I have some questions/ confusion regarding their purpose of visit. MY father is 51 year old and currently employed in India (home Country) and he and my mother are planning to visit me for 1.5 months during his official vacation. Now my question is do they get rejection in Super visa application on the based of the reason that they are planning to visit me for ONLY 1.5 months. I am worried about this because I read something on CIC website which meant that parents who want to stay for less than 6 months, should apply for Visitor Visa and parents who want to stay for 2 years at a time should apply for Super Visa. And the thing is they can not visit me for more than 1.5 months at a time due to my father's current employment. And I want to apply for Super Visa and not visitor's visa because I think Super visa has higher chances of getting approval (in my opinion).

Also, what should they mention in their purpose of visit in terms of their estimated duration for stay in Canada while visiting since it's a Super Visa application. Your advice/opinions will be highly appreciated in this whole matter and thank you very much for your time and help.

P.S. Other than this reason, all other requirements are matching properly including their financial situation and home ties. Thank you once again.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,
I am going to apply for my parents' Super Visa but I have some questions/ confusion regarding their purpose of visit. MY father is 51 year old and currently employed in India (home Country) and he and my mother are planning to visit me for 1.5 months during his official vacation. Now my question is do they get rejection in Super visa application on the based of the reason that they are planning to visit me for ONLY 1.5 months. I am worried about this because I read something on CIC website which meant that parents who want to stay for less than 6 months, should apply for Visitor Visa and parents who want to stay for 2 years at a time should apply for Super Visa. And the thing is they can not visit me for more than 1.5 months at a time due to my father's current employment. And I want to apply for Super Visa and not visitor's visa because I think Super visa has higher chances of getting approval (in my opinion).

Also, what should they mention in their purpose of visit in terms of their estimated duration for stay in Canada while visiting since it's a Super Visa application. Your advice/opinions will be highly appreciated in this whole matter and thank you very much for your time and help.

P.S. Other than this reason, all other requirements are matching properly including their financial situation and home ties. Thank you once again.
There are no statistics to confirm that super visa applications have higher chances of approval as compared to TRVs. Approvals depend on individual circumstances and the quality of the application.

If your parents intend to visit for only 1.5 months then do not apply for super visas. It defeats the purpose of getting a visa for long stays of up to two years.

Even if your parents apply for super visas, the visa office will likely issue TRVs instead

Reactions: punjabimunda

nishant_singh2992

Dec 12, 2023
Hi,

Did you apply super visa or TRV and approved for your parents ? What duration of stay you applied with?