Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
Hello, your point is interesting. Does it it for cheaper programs, is it easier to get approval?
It has nothing to do with cheaper program but the motive behind arriving as a student in Canada. Masters level program has low refusal rate as compared to PGD / PGC, but given that the OP notes says that VO is not satisfied with the choice of program, it clearly makes sense that the existing experience + job role outweighs the potential gain of a degree at this age and VO deemed this person as PR aspirant instead of student.

trang.ng.pharm

Sep 13, 2019
It has nothing to do with cheaper program but the motive behind arriving as a student in Canada. Masters level program has low refusal rate as compared to PGD / PGC, but given that the OP notes says that VO is not satisfied with the choice of program, it clearly makes sense that the existing experience + job role outweighs the potential gain of a degree at this age and VO deemed this person as PR aspirant instead of student.
thanks for your sharing. I am now a product manager , represent the company in my home country since the company doesnt have the rep office yet here, so I work with regional office instead, background in pharmacy, working for pharma company. I apply for MBA in MUN, do you think it makes sense in my case? I explain in my SP that managing business of a country requires a lot of business knowledge and I want to study MBA to fill in the gap.

geekseek

Oct 7, 2020
In Canada most of the Professional Master's Programs in Top universities like UoT, Waterloo or UBC except Universities in Quebec (As the fess is regulated by provincial government) all are highly expensive. When I say highly expensive the fees would normally be in a range of (60-85k). So what kind of students would normally go here.
1. Excellent academic record
2. Good professional record
3. Decent financial record.

Professional master's students an average age group will be in a range of (30-40). Saying this from my current cohort. It makes even more sense for someone with vast experience to go for professional master's only then only the actual benefit for higher education will be reaped.

About my profile, I hold 90% above in my both 10th and 12th and 85% above in Computer Egg. Yes, my age is around 34 and going to be 35 soon. I have 10+ years exp in IT and worked for leading IT companies and there has never been an unaccounted gap as I started working soon after my degree. I have 6 admits from different universities and last time applied for Waterloo and in 2nd Application I will go for UBC. This is for MBAN program. I am from India.

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
In Canada most of the Professional Master's Programs in Top universities like UoT, Waterloo or UBC except Universities in Quebec (As the fess is regulated by provincial government) all are highly expensive. When I say highly expensive the fees would normally be in a range of (60-85k). So what kind of students would normally go here.
1. Excellent academic record
2. Good professional record
3. Decent financial record.

Professional master's students an average age group will be in a range of (30-40). Saying this from my current cohort. It makes even more sense for someone with vast experience to go for professional master's only then only the actual benefit for higher education will be reaped.

About my profile, I hold 90% above in my both 10th and 12th and 85% above in Computer Egg. Yes, my age is around 34 and going to be 35 soon. I have 10+ years exp in IT and worked for leading IT companies and there has never been an unaccounted gap as I started working soon after my degree. I have 6 admits from different universities and last time applied for Waterloo and in 2nd Application I will go for UBC. This is for MBAN program. I am from India.
There you go. You have IT background and pursuing for MBAN program. I know it makes sense and you might have explained it well in SOP but for VO, it's switching fields from IT to Business. Just curious, have you received refusal yet or just basing this info on GCMS notes? What is your Eligibility status in GCMS notes? If you haven't received any update from IRCC yet, then just wait for official communication because the decision can be overturned by another senior VO. It has happened with very few applicants.

geekseek

Oct 7, 2020
There you go. You have IT background and pursuing for MBAN program. I know it makes sense and you might have explained it well in SOP but for VO, it's switching fields from IT to Business. Just curious, have you received refusal yet or just basing this info on GCMS notes? What is your Eligibility status in GCMS notes? If you haven't received any update from IRCC yet, then just wait for official communication because the decision can be overturned by another senior VO. It has happened with very few applicants.
I am planning to apply for MBAN, my last Application for which I have received a refusal was for Computer Science it was sync with IT. Therefore, I decided to apply for MBAN. My SOP was very well explained but for some reason it seems VO didn't read my SOP.
That is when I saw See LOA, I was wondering what does it depict. In most GCMS there would be some explanation or reasoning will be provided with an event but here I do not any such reasoning. If there is issue with education and experience, then what is that issue? It is all so open ended