+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Security Screening!!!

hasib116

Oct 21, 2017
Hello everyone,

we have sponsored my cousins from India as group of 5....they have been done with their interview, passed medical exams..
its been 8 months that they are waiting for the security screening...

does anyone know how long more it takes for the security screening?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It is vary variable from a couple of weeks to over a year. There is also a limit on how many private refugee sponsorships are taken each year. Private sponsorships can often take years because your group has to be selected as part of the private sponsorship quota for that year and there is always more demand than spots every year. Do you have a sponsoring organization you are working through? Since they submit cases every year they will be able to give you a better idea about how many private sponsorships they are taken and what is the breakdown by country of origin.

hasib116

Oct 21, 2017
we didn't sponsor through any organization, we have done same thing for my other cousins, but they are in pakistan, they are waiting for their visa... but in india I really don't know why its taking too long for security screening

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Private refugee sponsorships can take quite a while. Only so many private sponsorships (including group of 5 are allowed a year) so you will have to wait for a background check and for their case to be selected.

hasib116

Oct 21, 2017
yeah I know it says 80 months, its more than 80 months right now.... so hopefully soon they can finish with their security screening...
thanks for the reply