Security Not Started in GCMS notes

theontarioguy

May 4, 2018
Hi all,

In the GCMS Notes,

Security : Not Started
Criminality : In Progress
Medical : Passed.

I am on IP2 currently and I read from some posts that they never reveal security status and NoT Started doesn't means it haven't started(like it could be in progress).

Can some seniors shed some light into it?

kolasinac

Aug 17, 2017
Hi all,

In the GCMS Notes,

Security : Not Started
Criminality : In Progress
Medical : Passed.

I am on IP2 currently and I read from some posts that they never reveal security status and NoT Started doesn't means it haven't started(like it could be in progress).

Can some seniors shed some light into it?
If it says "Not Started" on page 2 of GCMS notes then it hasn't started. Simple. Check if you have anything under Security activities. If you don't, then you're still awaiting security checks.

They have started redacting information under the security section but in that case the Security field is blank or says started on page 2 and under activities the information is blank but you can still make it out that information has been redacted.

theontarioguy

May 4, 2018
If it says "Not Started" on page 2 of GCMS notes then it hasn't started. Simple. Check if you have anything under Security activities. If you don't, then you're still awaiting security checks.

They have started redacting information under the security section but in that case the Security field is blank or says started on page 2 and under activities the information is blank but you can still make it out that information has been redacted.
Thank you for the response.
I have read this explanation,
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/gcms-notes-well-explained-has-never-before-until-now.390292/

In that its stated that Not Started doesn't necessarily means it's not started, but could be under way. So confused.

FieldZhang

Jun 13, 2023
hello, would you mind sharing your timeline, I have the same situation now. have you went through enhanced check at last? thank you very much