+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Security Clearence

asaleem

Feb 4, 2009
Hi All,

I am planning to apply under Skilled Worker program. I have completed my Masters from USA recently (it was 1.5 years). Now I have left USA and cant get back, which means I can not get an FBI clearance certificate.

Will I be able to get a waiver for getting this certificate?

Thanks,
Ahsan

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

asaleem said:
Hi All,

I am planning to apply under Skilled Worker program. I have completed my Masters from USA recently (it was 1.5 years). Now I have left USA and cant get back, which means I can not get an FBI clearance certificate.

Thanks,
Ahsan
See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/united-states.asp

PMM

asaleem

Feb 4, 2009
Thank You rupeshhari and PMM.

Rupeshhari, can you please tell me

1- How long did it take to get your record?
2- How did you get your fingerprints on the form thats on the website?

Thanks,
Ahsan Saleem

asaleem

Feb 4, 2009
Thanks.

I hope I will get it done. I live in Pakistan and I dont know if finger printing concept exists here :)

Cheers.

wpc71

Dec 17, 2008
If all effort to find an official get your fingerprints, read the instructions on the back of the FBI finger print sheet and get your fingerprints yourself or ask a friend to do it. I did get mine by the local police but they refused to sign or stamp it so it looked exactly like the one I could get myself (Although this was sure more professionally taken). I sent the cards and money to the FBI and got the clearance in less than a month.

C

cchabert

wpc71 said:
If all effort to find an official get your fingerprints, read the instructions on the back of the FBI finger print sheet and get your fingerprints yourself or ask a friend to do it. I did get mine by the local police but they refused to sign or stamp it so it looked exactly like the one I could get myself (Although this was sure more professionally taken). I sent the cards and money to the FBI and got the clearance in less than a month.
Did you mention in the cover letter that the fingerprints are for Canadian Immigration? or just send the cover letter as is?

A

Albertagoverner

asaleem said:
Hi All,

Thanks,
Ahsan
You can also get clearance by sitting anywhere in world. here you go;

FBI Offices Worldwide
If you are outside the United States and need to reach the FBI, call the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate office.

wpc71

Dec 17, 2008
Did you mention in the cover letter that the fingerprints are for Canadian Immigration? or just send the cover letter as is?
Yes, and I also mentioned a deadline (around 1 month) that must be met. If you have a deadline, you need to put it on the cover letter AND on the envelop in which you send the cards.