+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Security and Criminality Background check valid

myrrah0315

Feb 23, 2021
Hi guys, 2021 hccp applicant here. What does it mean when it says that the security background check is valid, criminality backgroind check is valid and info sharing completed.

Also, the responsible office is currently verifying if you meet the eligibility requirements to the pathway you are applying.

Any insights on this?

Hummingbird89

Mar 18, 2023
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
Hi guys, 2021 hccp applicant here. What does it mean when it says that the security background check is valid, criminality backgroind check is valid and info sharing completed.

Also, the responsible office is currently verifying if you meet the eligibility requirements to the pathway you are applying.

Any insights on this?
Can you tell us how long it took for the background from start to finish?

myrrah0315

Feb 23, 2021
Can you tell us how long it took for the background from start to finish?
When I received my gcms notes in March 16, the security background and eligibility states not started, but criminality passed and info sharing complete. And I made webform inquiries on March 22 and 30 and on April 7, got a reply to those inquiries stating the above.

Any idea how long will it take to review eligibility?

Reactions: Hummingbird89

Hummingbird89

Mar 18, 2023
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
When I received my gcms notes in March 16, the security background and eligibility states not started, but criminality passed and info sharing complete. And I made webform inquiries on March 22 and 30 and on April 7, got a reply to those inquiries stating the above.

Any idea how long will it take to review eligibility?
That's what I'm asking you.
Please refer to the link I sent earlier for some pointers.
How long did you have to wait from medical or PAOR to get the criminality completed? We are at the exact same stage.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018

Any insights on this?
Under HCCP/HSWP, the Eligibility check is not started for most applicants.

Security is passed means, your biometrics are received and valid. Info sharing completed means, they needed at least biometrics and they sent you the request.

Reactions: Hummingbird89

Hummingbird89

Mar 18, 2023
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
Under HCCP/HSWP, the Eligibility check is not started for most applicants.

Security is passed means, your biometrics are received and valid. Info sharing completed means, they needed at least biometrics and they sent you the request.
Before an application can be approved and before security checks (the last stage) can start, the biometrics have to be completed.

Security Checks or Security screening - CSIS' Security Screening Program provides security assessments for all federal government departments and agencies under Sections 13 and 15 of the CSIS Act, with the exception of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) and the Department of National Defence (DND), who do their own field investigations. The Immigration and Citizenship Screening (ICS) program at CSIS conducts investigations and provides security advice to CBSA and IRCC regarding persons who might represent a threat to national security. Through this program, CSIS provides security advice on permanent residence and citizenship applicants; persons applying for temporary resident visas; and persons applying for refugee status in Canada. Decisions related to admissibility into Canada, the granting of visas or the acceptance of applications for refugee status, permanent residence and citizenship rest with IRCC.
CSIS reports back to IRCC whether it has concerns or not. It prepares a "no reportable trace (NRT)" report if it has no adverse information on the applicant. The Service prepares an inadmissibility brief when it believes that the applicant is inadmissible as described in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. If CSIS believes that the applicant is admissible according to the Act but is or was involved in activities described in security provisions of the Act, it prepares an information brief. The Service prepares an "incidental letter" if it receives information on applicants that could make them inadmissible on matters that do not relate to security; for example, health concerns or crimes against humanity. CSIS forwards its reports, briefs, and letters to the Intelligence Branch, which follows up and advises visa officers. Source
The Security Screening Program at CBSA is responsible for the security screening of foreign nationals who have been referred to the CBSA by an IRCC visa officer abroad or in Canada, who are seeking to come to Canada as a permanent resident, temporary resident (e.g. visitor) or refugee, or are already in Canada and seeking to remain as a temporary or permanent resident.

Reactions: Nanaruiz

Vyn

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
is the background checking for the main applicant only or they will do the same with the spouse? Thank you.