+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Section 205 C (ii)

Mansum418

Star Member
Sep 21, 2019
Greetings everyone,
I am Manish Kumar Saini and my wife is a full time student in Brampton in Lambton college in a postgraduate programme and she had applied for my SOWP on 16-09-2019 with the help of lawyer based in Brampton only, I have done my biometrics on 19-9-2019 and after the submission of my biometric I got my lawyer email that my visa got rejected and it's under section 205 C (ii) , I asked my lawyer what are the other clauses they have put on my rejection and she said there is only as she can see and it's section 205 c (ii) but still she had asked for the proper reasons from the IRCC and we are still waiting for that ,this rejection just broke my heart and I don't even have enough courage to tell my wife about tht as she is very excited for my visa to come so that I can join her but only I know the pain right now what I am going through I am looking for the support and information from you people now ,please help me in this matter so that I can re apply for the SOWP again ,thanks in advance .

Email what I got from IRCC is
The immigration is not determined that you are not meeting the requirements of the spousal Work Permit,you have not adequately demonstrated that you meeting the requirement for the spousal open work permit pursuant to section 205 c (ii) of the regulations.

Tanmay0123

Aug 30, 2020
Hello everyone.

i just got my GCMS Notes today and the reason thay have stated for rejection of my spouse open work permit is that -

“I met her over the matchmaking site in November,2019 (while i was in canada) and i got married in January,2020 . And i stayed with her just 25 days and came back to Canada. So there are 2 things,

1. Genuineness of my marriage (according to them, it’s for “immigration purpose”)
2. Disagree to believe that she will leave canada by end of her authorized period. (May be beacuase she is not doing any job and homemaker right now? )

now please please please advice me what should i do to prove my marriage is genuine and she will leave canada by end of her period.

please suggest

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone.

i just got my GCMS Notes today and the reason thay have stated for rejection of my spouse open work permit is that -

“I met her over the matchmaking site in November,2019 (while i was in canada) and i got married in January,2020 . And i stayed with her just 25 days and came back to Canada. So there are 2 things,

1. Genuineness of my marriage (according to them, it’s for “immigration purpose”)
2. Disagree to believe that she will leave canada by end of her authorized period. (May be beacuase she is not doing any job and homemaker right now? )

now please please please advice me what should i do to prove my marriage is genuine and she will leave canada by end of her period.

please suggest
Recommend you post the to International Students section of the forum or the Foreign Workers section of the forum rather than here.

Tanmay0123

Aug 30, 2020
Recommend you post the to International Students section of the forum or the Foreign Workers section of the forum rather than here.
sorry but you need to check the “title” of this thread and it’s about SOWP only. So i think I’m at the correct place, but you are lost.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
sorry but you need to check the “title” of this thread and it’s about SOWP only. So i think I’m at the correct place, but you are lost.
The person who started this thread posted to the wrong section of the forum. This section of the forum is for Canadians who are sponsoring their family members for PR.

Almost all discussions related to SOWPs are found in either the Foreign Workers or International Students section of the forum. This is where you will find the most information and get the best responses from others in similar situations. You won't get many responses to this topic here.

Just trying to help you...

Tanmay0123

Aug 30, 2020
The person who started this thread posted to the wrong section of the forum. This section of the forum is for Canadians who are sponsoring their family members for PR.

Almost all discussions related to SOWPs are found in either the Foreign Workers or International Students section of the forum. This is where you will find the most information and get the best responses from others in similar situations. You won't get many responses to this topic here.

Just trying to help you...

i found this thread to be most relevant. Can you please share any other where i can find more information and responses?
Please and thank you .. I’ll appreciate your help

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
i found this thread to be most relevant. Can you please share any other where i can find more information and responses?
Please and thank you .. I’ll appreciate your help
you can insist to just read this post. I have no idea how SOWP works since I only went through family sponsorship (which the sponsor is either a PR or a citizen). So the only OWP that we have experience with is for inland application and that OWP for inland spousal sponsorship usually is granted.
It usually takes 4 to 6 months for it to process.

sreekunwar

Feb 26, 2022
Greetings everyone,
I am Manish Kumar Saini and my wife is a full time student in Brampton in Lambton college in a postgraduate programme and she had applied for my SOWP on 16-09-2019 with the help of lawyer based in Brampton only, I have done my biometrics on 19-9-2019 and after the submission of my biometric I got my lawyer email that my visa got rejected and it's under section 205 C (ii) , I asked my lawyer what are the other clauses they have put on my rejection and she said there is only as she can see and it's section 205 c (ii) but still she had asked for the proper reasons from the IRCC and we are still waiting for that ,this rejection just broke my heart and I don't even have enough courage to tell my wife about tht as she is very excited for my visa to come so that I can join her but only I know the pain right now what I am going through I am looking for the support and information from you people now ,please help me in this matter so that I can re apply for the SOWP again ,thanks in advance .

Email what I got from IRCC is
The immigration is not determined that you are not meeting the requirements of the spousal Work Permit,you have not adequately demonstrated that you meeting the requirement for the spousal open work permit pursuant to section 205 c (ii) of the regulations.
Hello I am going through same problem from IRCC section 205 c (ii). can you please share what additional documents or proof did you provide. it would be great help. can you please share me on ksmrity@hotmail.com. And in which program did you applied. I am through PNP. Thanks.