+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Secondment extension letter as a Job Offer

sbabup

Oct 5, 2020
Hi Team,

I have been working in Canada for the past ~2 years on ICT work permit. In August this year I have received a letter Extension of Secondment with my Canadian company for the purpose of extension of my Work Permit. The letter is on my Canadian company's letter head and it states that the duration is for two years(730 Days). It has Salary component etc. I can support with other document such as current employment letter which shows my employment start date in Canada, Salary, Hours per week, work location. Again it will be on company letter head. I believe LMIA is not required in my case as I have working for the same organization for many years.

Could you please refer the below contents of my secondment extension letter and suggest if it suffices the requirements for a job offer so I can earn 50 points.

Subject: Extension of Secondment with XXYYZZ Canada Inc. on Work Permit
Dear <My Name>,
XXYYZZ Canada Inc. takes immense pleasure on your extension of
secondment as TECHNICAL LEAD for a period of 730 days, which would be based on the business
requirements. Your work location will be XXYYZZ Canada Inc, <Some address in Toronto>. You shall perform duties as per organization norms and work exclusively for XXYYZZ Canada INC unless otherwise agreed in writing.
You will be entitled to annual remuneration of CAD XX000 during the extension period.
Kindly refer to Annexure A for compensation details. All other terms & conditions of employment,
applicable benefits will remain the same as per last Secondment/Compensation letter issued to you for
Canada
Should you require any clarification please feel free to contact HR Partner.
Looking ahead, we see exciting times – we look up to you to provide impetus in accomplishing our mutual
endeavor of being the best in the business of IT Services.
XXYYZZ Canada Inc. wishes you the very best for your future endeavors at XXYYZZ Canada!!!
With best regards,
Yours sincerely,
<Name of VP>
Vice President,
Head-Global Rewards

Annexure A and Description of Salary Component.

I will appreciate your response as its important for me to accept the ITA.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Team,

I have been working in Canada for the past ~2 years on ICT work permit. In August this year I have received a letter Extension of Secondment with my Canadian company for the purpose of extension of my Work Permit. The letter is on my Canadian company's letter head and it states that the duration is for two years(730 Days). It has Salary component etc. I can support with other document such as current employment letter which shows my employment start date in Canada, Salary, Hours per week, work location. Again it will be on company letter head. I believe LMIA is not required in my case as I have working for the same organization for many years.

Could you please refer the below contents of my secondment extension letter and suggest if it suffices the requirements for a job offer so I can earn 50 points.

Dear <My Name>,
secondment as TECHNICAL LEAD for a period of 730 days, which would be based on the business
requirements. Your work location will be XXYYZZ Canada Inc, <Some address in Toronto>. You shall perform duties as per organization norms and work exclusively for XXYYZZ Canada INC unless otherwise agreed in writing.
You will be entitled to annual remuneration of CAD XX000 during the extension period.
Kindly refer to Annexure A for compensation details. All other terms & conditions of employment,
applicable benefits will remain the same as per last Secondment/Compensation letter issued to you for
Canada
Looking ahead, we see exciting times – we look up to you to provide impetus in accomplishing our mutual
XXYYZZ Canada Inc. wishes you the very best for your future endeavors at XXYYZZ Canada!!!
With best regards,
Yours sincerely,
<Name of VP>
Vice President,
Head-Global Rewards

The letter should state that your employer will continue to employ you in this role for at least one year after you become a PR. If the letter doesn't say this, there is a chance IRCC will say you do not qualify for the 50 points.

SindhujaG

Star Member
May 21, 2019
Hi Team,

Dear <My Name>,
Canada
With best regards,
Yours sincerely,
<Name of VP>
Vice President,
Head-Global Rewards

What did you do? I have the same scenario as yours. What happened on your ITA

mehulv

Mar 12, 2024
Hi Team,

Dear <My Name>,
Canada
With best regards,
Yours sincerely,
<Name of VP>
Vice President,
Head-Global Rewards

I have the same scenario, did you deputation/secondment letter considered as offer letter? Your response will be really helpful. Appreciate if you can share your experience