+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Secondary Education

itoocandream

Oct 30, 2015
CIC says, we will assess () secondary and post-secondary periods of study for eligibility for Express Entry, and use them to calculate () score.

This is mentioned in Application/Profile details, Education Histroy section.

Does that mean I need to submit my secondary and higher secondary school education documents? Will my certificates suffice? Any reference for these? How does this affect the CRS score.

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
itoocandream said:
CIC says, we will assess () secondary and post-secondary periods of study for eligibility for Express Entry, and use them to calculate () score.

Does that mean I need to submit my secondary and higher secondary school education documents? Will my certificates suffice? Any reference for these? How does this affect the CRS score.
Not required. CRS is affected only by assessment of your highest qualification. You can safety leave secondary and post secondary out of education history and mention it in personal history.

If you do mention, they will ask you to upload proofs, which I am sure you want to avoid.

So, just go with your highest degree with ECA in education section.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
itoocandream said:

Post-secondary usually means whatever education you have after 12th grade. (Post 12 years of formal education). You need not submit your 10th grade/12th grade credentials. You can claim points only for POST-secondary (diploma/degree) education credentials.

itoocandream

Oct 30, 2015
Thank you for your responses. While I understand post secondary, what made me confused was the secondary education part.

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
Post-secondary usually means whatever education you have after 12th grade. (Post 12 years of formal education). You need not submit your 10th grade/12th grade credentials. You can claim points only for POST-secondary (diploma/degree) education credentials.
Post secondary is what you do after 10th if I am not wrong??

secondary (upto 10), post secondary (anything after 10th) which could be 12th or degree.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
StAnger said:
Post secondary is what you do after 10th if I am not wrong??

secondary (upto 10), post secondary (anything after 10th) which could be 12th or degree.
I'm not very sure but I doubt if a 12th grade certificate will get you any points. Any diploma/degree after 12th grade shall get you points. That is my understanding here.

andrewjoseph

Jul 29, 2017
NOC Code......
Hi,
Will CIC say that its a misrepresentation if I give only my Masters with ECA details in EE and skip Bachelor's degree as I dont have a ECA for that?
And should we provide spouse work history in EE.

SaintOtis12

Jul 27, 2023
If you are applying for the Express Entry (EE) program in Canada and are including your spouse as a dependent, you do not need to provide their work history. The primary applicant's work history and qualifications are the main factors considered in the EE application.

However, including your spouse's work history can be beneficial if they have relevant work experience or qualifications that could contribute to your overall Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score. The CRS score is used to rank candidates in the EE pool, Minesweeper and higher scores increase the chances of receiving an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residency.