+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Second Wife

leo1234

Feb 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, Me and my girlfriend are willing to marry. Where I am out of canada and she is a canadian citizen residing in Canada. I am already married. But as per muslim's marriage law, can marry another woman. My question is as polygamy is not allowed in Canada. What would be the best solution to our problem. Please note: My plan is to bring my second wife out of canada to my country. As I am not iterested in going to canada. Waiting for your suggestions.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Er, as this is a forum for people wanting to immigrate to Canada, and not out of it, and since you don't state what country you are planning for her to join you in, it's a little hard to give you any information.

Full of Hope

Feb 19, 2011
Thornhill, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2010
AOR Received.
08-03-2010
Med's Done....
19-12-2009
CharlieD10 said:
Er, as this is a forum for people wanting to immigrate to Canada, and not out of it, and since you don't state what country you are planning for her to join you in, it's a little hard to give you any information.
Rightly said Charlie...Coming into Canada is a problem and taking someone out of it should never be a problem so I am not sure what Leo1234's problem is...He should be happy that 1- He is not waiting to immigrate to Canada and second two two wives :D

kha

Star Member
Aug 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Feb 2011
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
March 2011
Full of Hope said:
Rightly said Charlie...Coming into Canada is a problem and taking someone out of it should never be a problem so I am not sure what Leo1234's problem is...He should be happy that 1- He is not waiting to immigrate to Canada and second two two wives :D
hmmmmmmmmmmm aaaahm aaahm did u say 02 wives? Pakistan walay page par chalo tumhary BV ko bhikaty hon ;D

Full of Hope

Feb 19, 2011
Thornhill, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2010
AOR Received.
08-03-2010
Med's Done....
19-12-2009
kha said:
hmmmmmmmmmmm aaaahm aaahm did u say 02 wives? Pakistan walay page par chalo tumhary BV ko bhikaty hon ;D
nai g main ghareeb to doosroon ko daikh kar hi khush ho jataa hoon...saday koloon tay ek hi nai thammi jani :'(

kha

Star Member
Aug 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Feb 2011
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
March 2011
Full of Hope said:
nai g main ghareeb to doosroon ko daikh kar hi khush ho jataa hoon...saday koloon tay ek hi nai thammi jani :'(
Goood Show :)

leo1234

Feb 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys thanks for ur comments.

I was reading on sites that marrying to more than one woman is crime in Canada and the results could be jail for several years. Ok its for men. But what in my case, if I will marry canadian woman, will there be a problem for her by law as she will be my second wife. I am willing to bring her to KSA. Hope understandable this time.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I thought muslims cant have girlfriends while having a wife

Cdagal

Jul 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2010
AOR Received.
24-08-2010
File Transfer...
09-08-2010
Med's Done....
23-04-2010
Interview........
11-11-2010
Passport Req..
11-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
02-03-2011
It just will not be recognized by Canada as a legal marriage in any way. I think its only a crime for her if she marries a second husband...(seems fair to me...) And, yes, my husband is a Muslim.

leo1234

Feb 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok not girlfriend , fiance would be acceptable.

Allah make their thinkings wide. Aameen

ufa

Star Member
Nov 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If she knows that you are married already, and either marries you in Canada (by getting a license under false pretext) or goes with you to Pakistan with the intent to marry, then it <i> is </i> a criminal offense on her behalf. Maybe you are safe if she leaves Canada permanently prior to the marriage.

Offences Against Conjugal Rights

Bigamy
290. (1) Every one commits bigamy who
(a) in Canada,

(i) being married, goes through a form of marriage with another person,

(ii) knowing that another person is married, goes through a form of marriage with that person, or

(iii) on the same day or simultaneously, goes through a form of marriage with more than one person; or
(b) being a Canadian citizen resident in Canada leaves Canada with intent to do anything mentioned in subparagraphs (a)(i) to (iii) and, pursuant thereto, does outside Canada anything mentioned in those subparagraphs in circumstances mentioned therein.

Matters of defence

(2) No person commits bigamy by going through a form of marriage if
(a) that person in good faith and on reasonable grounds believes that his spouse is dead;
(b) the spouse of that person has been continuously absent from him for seven years immediately preceding the time when he goes through the form of marriage, unless he knew that his spouse was alive at any time during those seven years;
(c) that person has been divorced from the bond of the first marriage; or
(d) the former marriage has been declared void by a court of competent jurisdiction.

Incompetency no defence

(3) Where a person is alleged to have committed bigamy, it is not a defence that the parties would, if unmarried, have been incompetent to contract marriage under the law of the place where the offence is alleged to have been committed.

Validity presumed

(4) Every marriage or form of marriage shall, for the purpose of this section, be deemed to be valid unless the accused establishes that it was invalid.

Act or omission by accused

(5) No act or omission on the part of an accused who is charged with bigamy invalidates a marriage or form of marriage that is otherwise valid.

R.S., c. C-34, s. 254.

Punishment
291. (1) Every one who commits bigamy is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding five years.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ leo1234, I dont know there are too many to name, theres been soo many religions popping up all over its hard to keep track of all of them. Not like back in the old days. Where you had a had full of religions.