+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Second wife sponser husband from Pakistan

Sanamkhan

Star Member
Jul 19, 2017
Hi friends my sister is a Canadian citizen and she got married in Pakistan who is already married and our religion allows this but I know govt law doesn’t. My sister is in pakistan from May and she is also expecting now. Does anyone go through this experience she wants her husband to come here and registered herself from single to marriage and live a life as every spouse does now specially when she is expecting. If she applies for spouse application any expectation as the first wife has no intrest coming to Canada neither we want it but atleast I want my sister should live a life like a proper marriage person and add his husband name next to her

Flyingfast

Feb 9, 2022
I'm no expert, but this is what I think.
What matters is Canadian law. Canada does not recognize polygamous relationships. Both parties have to be mentioned in the application or you will receive a misrepresentation. IRCC will want to see a divorce or separation agreement if it was not a legal marriage from the first relationship before you got married to the second person.

I could be wrong. Just my opinion.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I'm no expert, but this is what I think.
What matters is Canadian law. Canada does not recognize polygamous relationships. Both parties have to be mentioned in the application or you will receive a misrepresentation. IRCC will want to see a divorce or separation agreement if it was not a legal marriage from the first relationship before you got married to the second person.

I could be wrong. Just my opinion.
Agree but believe it is more complicated than that. Bigamy is illegal and part of Canada’s criminal code. The issue is that she is the second wife, so even the spouse getting divorced from the first wife doesn’t make him eligible for sponsorship. Right now, she is committing bigamy which is illegal in Canada so cannot sponsor her spouse. OP, your sister needs a good lawyer.

https://www.criminal-code.ca/criminal-code-of-canada-section-290-1-bigamy/index.html#:~:text=290(1) Every one commits,with more than one person;

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi friends my sister is a Canadian citizen and she got married in Pakistan who is already married and our religion allows this but I know govt law doesn’t. My sister is in pakistan from May and she is also expecting now. Does anyone go through this experience she wants her husband to come here and registered herself from single to marriage and live a life as every spouse does now specially when she is expecting. If she applies for spouse application any expectation as the first wife has no intrest coming to Canada neither we want it but atleast I want my sister should live a life like a proper marriage person and add his husband name next to her
In order to be able to sponsor him, the following must happen:
- First, the husband must officially divorce his first wife
- Then, your sister must re-marry her husband to make the marriage legal / recognized in Canada.
- Only after these two things happen will she be able to sponsor him for PR as her spouse.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Off topic: the wife in pakistan might be able to file claim against her!

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/woman-china-asks-bc-court-order-husbands-ex-mistress-return-46m

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
her first wife is aware of second marriage by the way. It’s not hidden
Doesn’t matter. Bigamy is illegal in Canada so your sister’s marriage is not legal in Canada. She cannot sponsor her spouse. Follow @scylla’s advice if she wants to sponsor him.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
This is what happens when you ask a topic that is very niche and few will respond to you with sincerity, or with any iota of understanding.
Find a lawyer in the community and setup consultation with a lawyer.

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
Tasu Pukhtana yai?