+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Second stage ( full approval )

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
What do you mean by "many people"? Do you have statistics to back that up? I bet you haven't seen more than 5 persons in this situation. I can bet that well over 50,000 persons got the AIP based on normal IRCC monthly statistics, how can 5 or at most 50 unusual cases translate to "many people"? Similar situations also occur even when people have gotten final approvals. Not everyone who gets approved is allowed into Canada. Not everyone who gets a Letter of Introduction is given the final permit at the border. So there's nothing unique in getting an AIP and then a rejection due to an error or something.

I understand that we are all on the edge and anxiety is high. However, we shouldn't create panic for ourselves and for others. Don't say "many people". Maybe "a few persons" and that's all.
To be fair, in a single whatsapp group that I'm a member of, I have seen at least a dozen refusals after AIP which is quite alarming.
Also, I haven't seen a single case where someone has received full approval AFTER AIP. There have been a couple who have gotten approved without AIP but none who got AIP and then received full approval despite some having submitted complete applications.

Believedoitbest

Sep 11, 2020
Hello hodari, from your interaction within the whatsapp group, what do you think is the reason for this rejection, despite that the candidates already got an AIP.

Was the AIP sent in an error, or do they have any issues with medical exam, police certificate, or documents.

??

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
Hello hodari, from your interaction within the whatsapp group, what do you think is the reason for this rejection, despite that the candidates already got an AIP.

Was the AIP sent in an error, or do they have any issues with medical exam, police certificate, or documents.

??
I'm not sure if they were sent in error or not, there was no evidence provided that they were sent in error (recipients did not get notified of an error).
None were rejected over criminality or documents issues, it was all eligibility reasons like purpose of visit or VO not convinced they will leave after completion of studies.

Believedoitbest

Sep 11, 2020
Those reasons are filmsy excuses to frustrate the applicant's.. if an applicant didn't pass the eligibility review, why issue them an AIP in the first place.

I would like to ask, do these people got medical request prior to being issued an AIP, assuming that they do not do their medical upfront.

I believe that when an applicant is instucted to give medical, and then received AIP, I strongly believe it is a good sign

What do you think?

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
medical and eligibility are separate processing steps so logically it should not be relevant.
but when it comes to IRCC, who knows. nothing seems logical about how they have been processing student permit applications.

Literarymathy

Star Member
Feb 8, 2020
To be fair, in a single whatsapp group that I'm a member of, I have seen at least a dozen refusals after AIP which is quite alarming.
Also, I haven't seen a single case where someone has received full approval AFTER AIP. There have been a couple who have gotten approved without AIP but none who got AIP and then received full approval despite some having submitted complete applications.
They were all from Pakistan, I presume? There was an issue with the AIPs that some Pakistanis received.

In any case, for every applicant who got rejected after an AIP, at least 10 more will get approved. It is true that those with AIPs are yet to get approvals en masse but the reason for that is almost logical, considering the rationale for the AIP in the first place. Those who applied and were approved without AIPs are those from the Pre-Covid-19 era and maybe some Americans too. Those with full applications who got AIP did so because IRCC didn't distinguish complete and incomplete applications in the Stage 1 assessment. All were assessed as one. When Stage 2 commences, those with complete applications will get final feedback and those with incomplete applications will be patient until they complete their applications.

My point is that we should be careful about how we use anecdotal data to create "facts" and then cause panic. September 15th is a few hours away. Let us wait for the next card in IRCC's hands before we make assumptions.

Literarymathy

Star Member
Feb 8, 2020
medical and eligibility are separate processing steps so logically it should not be relevant.
but when it comes to IRCC, who knows. nothing seems logical about how they have been processing student permit applications.

Statistically speaking, those who get medical requests are likely to be approved.

Literarymathy

Star Member
Feb 8, 2020
This past weekend my wife and me received a request for medical exams, but she didn't get the AIP and didn't do the biometrics. Is it a good thing or is just a "normal" step now?
A medical request can come before or after an AIP and due to the new Covid-19 changes, you need not have done biometrics before the request comes. Typically though, a medical request is a good sign.

Reactions: justusdebem

ædam92

Aug 11, 2020
What do you mean by "many people"? Do you have statistics to back that up? I bet you haven't seen more than 5 persons in this situation. I can bet that well over 50,000 persons got the AIP based on normal IRCC monthly statistics, how can 5 or at most 50 unusual cases translate to "many people"? Similar situations also occur even when people have gotten final approvals. Not everyone who gets approved is allowed into Canada. Not everyone who gets a Letter of Introduction is given the final permit at the border. So there's nothing unique in getting an AIP and then a rejection due to an error or something.

I understand that we are all on the edge and anxiety is high. However, we shouldn't create panic for ourselves and for others. Don't say "many people". Maybe "a few persons" and that's all.
I’m not making any panic. And when I sad many, I’m not talking statistically. All what i saw is in this foum and

well. As a advice. don’t bet in anything, IRCC are unpredictable, and You can easily get a refusal after getting AIP, the AIP is a Just Primally Eligibility check up, so don’t count on it too much. And I wasn’t talking statistically, I saw in this forum many people got refusal after getting the AIP. And no one yet got the full approval. If you want Ignore a fact that’s your problem.

Afza Akhil

Dec 20, 2017
I have my aip.. but no medicals updated on GC key yet.. anything here to panic.. should I withdraw from the course and reapply next year as the online classes are over whelming right now.. Suggestions please..!!

tryyourbest

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020
I want to make a comment out of these discussions.
Are you sure that this rejections are given at stage 2? Because they havent started stage 2 process yet in anywhere. They still checking stage 1 and it will probably take one more week.

So I think those rejections may be related something else, maybe we dont know but even they may be send without final approval of embassy responsible by mistake.

I made this comment because general perception as if they are stage 2 rejections. But of course, AIP does not quarentee study permit approval.

Reactions: Literarymathy

Sahithi A

Mar 14, 2020
I have my aip.. but no medicals updated on GC key yet.. anything here to panic.. should I withdraw from the course and reapply next year as the online classes are over whelming right now.. Suggestions please..!!
Even I'm in same position...but I already started taking my classes online. What are you thinking to do?