+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Second soft-landing allowed?

venki_09

Jan 8, 2020
Hello All,
My wife and I went to Canada in May 2019 for soft-landing and everything went fine there. During the immigration process, we submitted the BSF-186 form which mentions the list of items we will be bringing in later when we plan to settle there.

We left Canada in about 4 days and now I am residing in the USA and while applying for jobs in Canada. If I have to attend on-site interviews in Canada, Do I just need my PR card for it? Or do I have to fill out another BSF-186 form in which I mention the list of items that I will be bringing in later? The contents of the form will effectively be the same as the one I gave before since I am not bringing in anything yet.

Also, now that both my wife and I have PR cards, can we travel alone or do we need to come together again?

Kindly help me out with this.
Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

Hello All,
My wife and I went to Canada in May 2019 for soft-landing and everything went fine there. During the immigration process, we submitted the BSF-186 form which mentions the list of items we will be bringing in later when we plan to settle there.

We left Canada in about 4 days and now I am residing in the USA and while applying for jobs in Canada. If I have to attend on-site interviews in Canada, Do I just need my PR card for it? Or do I have to fill out another BSF-186 form in which I mention the list of items that I will be bringing in later? The contents of the form will effectively be the same as the one I gave before since I am not bringing in anything yet.

Also, now that both my wife and I have PR cards, can we travel alone or do we need to come together again?

Kindly help me out with this.
Thanks
1. All you need is your PR card and your passport, you are already "landed" and your GTF list is locked in at the time you "landed" you don't need another one.
2. Your spouse doesn't have to accompany you.