+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Second RQ

OTTAWA2014

May 16, 2014
Can you believe this that you can also second RQ. First one was issued before the test and second one was issued after the test. During the interview she went through all entry exit stamps and verified, at the end she said it will take 3 months for oath. Last Friday RQ was in the mail, I really have no idea what is going on.

OTTAWA2014

May 16, 2014
90% are the same what was submitted in the first RQ, and rest of it is all about the Job status, residential status. Most of them are the continuation of the first one, e.g. children school records, OHIP record onwards from the last one. It seems like they want to make sure I am still living here and my strong ties here. I think I should forget the oath for good time.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OTTAWA2014 said:
Can you believe this that you can also second RQ. First one was issued before the test and second one was issued after the test. During the interview she went through all entry exit stamps and verified, at the end she said it will take 3 months for oath. Last Friday RQ was in the mail, I really have no idea what is going on.
1. What are the versions of the RQs issued? CIT0171xxxxx?

2. Think of it as CIC either (i) messing up as they maybe misplaced the initial documents or (ii) giving you a second chance since the first set of documents did not satisfy them instead of referring to the CJ with recommendation to refuse which may take another 12-18 months! The CJ can ask for more documents too!

OTTAWA2014

May 16, 2014
I submitted the first RQ on March 12th 2013 before the Test, most of the documents they have asked me from 13th of March 2013 onwards. If they have lost or misplaces they supposed to ask me right from the first day. I really do not know what is the purpose of this kindness. Let see if somebody else receive the second RQ.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. Maybe your initial RQ response did not cover the qualifying window.

2. I think you need to look at this both negatively and positively...maybe you should be thankful you are getting a second RQ chance not an outright refusal. Without knowing all the full details of your case its hard to see why a 2nd RQ was issued but unless you are willing to reveal more than its all speculation.

3. It will help if you provide the form numbers...are they both CIT0171 or is one CIT0520? What time period do they cover and is this in line with your 4 year window in the application?

4. Did you have 1095 days of physical presence and were you employed full time for the 3 years?

5. The Citizenship Act and regulations refers to the PR showing residence - there is no limits to the RQs that can be issued so unless you want to go toe to toes with CIC its a waiting game.

Desert Lion

Mar 14, 2014
OTTAWA2014 said:
What is the RQ asked you for, what they want you to provide or explain to them, can you clarify please, thanks

OTTAWA2014

May 16, 2014
It is just my opinion, may be they just wanted to see if I am still living in the country after applying citizenship or my intention to stay in Canada. It was 1130 days after I have applied so there was no confusion about residency days.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OTTAWA2014 said:
It is just my opinion, may be they just wanted to see if I am still living in the country after applying citizenship or my intention to stay in Canada. It was 1130 days after I have applied so there was no confusion about residency days.
Under the Citizenship Act only the 4 year window matters unless CIC are considering non physical residence (basic residence) so its covered before the file goes to the CJ. You can have 1130 days or even 1460 days but you have to be able to prove them...the RQ triage shows CIC is concerned with unemployed/ self employed applicants especially if they have travel because this was a feature of most if not all the applicants in the citizenship and PR residence fraud rings uncovered in Montreal and Mississauga that really set the OB407 process into play. We can be here all day speculating unless we know every single detail about your application which in a public forum isn't happening - get your GCMS notes they may show why you got a 2nd RQ.

OTTAWA2014

May 16, 2014
Do you know anybody who has received the second RQ, or I am the first victim. I am living with the family, here since 2007 with few travel trips. I am filling healthy tax returns and have business here. I also own the property. But I do not know you may be right.

believe13

Star Member
Sep 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OTTAWA2014 said:
Hi

How unfortunate I've never heard of that before sounds like they want to do a thorough check?

Wishing you all the best

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
Ottawa2014 did you applied citizenship in past and withdrawn or is this your first application. As you mentioned you do business is being self employed a trigger. do you pay enough taxes? do you take any government benefits? I think people with poor income and burden on benefits can also be targeted. how much one is contributing to society is also important

samjohns22

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Blushirt, I do not think it has to do with contribution , I understand it is to do with residing in Canada for 3 years, many people I am sure 50% of applicants do not have jobs but they are living here out of their savings. New comers have difficulty in securing jobs