+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

second review after medical request - August 2014 applicant

strega123

Star Member
Feb 8, 2014
Guys, I called CIC today in reference to our August 2014 application.
We received medical request in April 2015 and since than there was no movement from CIC side. Today call center agent informed me that our application is on second review. Is it possible? I was cute sure that second review can be done before medicals but not after.... someone was in the same situation?
Agent told me that everything looks good and our application is complete ( we have sent all requested documents in August 2014) and they should contact us shortly but for me doesn't sound good.
Agent informed me that he will send them follow up as processing time of the application is overdue.

What do you thing about that?

DoctorWho

Mar 23, 2015
Hi strega123,

I am not sure about second review, but if I were you, I wouldn't worry too much. If there had been something wrong with your medical exam, you doctor would have let you know or you would have heard from CIC. There are many people here who applied in May/June/July/August and have not heard a word from CIC since medicals.

If you want, you could request GCMS notes to see if your application is indeed under second review. Mind you, though, it takes about a month to get them.

Don't worry. There will be news soon!

strega123 said:
Guys, I called CIC today in reference to our August 2014 application.
We received medical request in April 2015 and since than there was no movement from CIC side. Today call center agent informed me that our application is on second review. Is it possible? I was cute sure that second review can be done before medicals but not after.... someone was in the same situation?
Agent told me that everything looks good and our application is complete ( we have sent all requested documents in August 2014) and they should contact us shortly but for me doesn't sound good.
Agent informed me that he will send them follow up as processing time of the application is overdue.

What do you thing about that?

strega123

Star Member
Feb 8, 2014
Hi there :)
I don't worry about my medicals, I am surprised that I received medical request and application is on second review. I was pretty sure that MR is send after all reviews. I thought that if U pass medicals there is no more review, only security or criminality check....