+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Second marriage sponsership

Kjan1234

Dec 25, 2018
ok so i have a complicated situation. Im a canadian by birth. Divorced. And have son. I sponsered my ex husband and he came to canada in 2010.
About my fiance:
2010 got a uk study visa for 2 years
2011 went back to india and got married to girl that was also on a 2 year study visa in uk.
2012 study visa ended but a uk lawyer told him he can get him permanent if he goes through a sham marriage with a uk girl and that it would cost money according to what the girl demands. He declined sonce he was already married and they said it will take time and money otherwise. He paid upfront for his case. 2013 - he was granted an extended visa
2013 - they had a son
2014 - he was caught while working and police asked him about his uk wife which he had no clue of. And then he was kept in detention gor 3 days and sent back to india with his ex and son. He was not charged and no criminal case was applied on him.
2015 - they seperated
2016 - he got work visa for uae for 2 years
2018 - he returned back to india
2018 - he got divorced
2018 - my dad filled a visitor application stating he is his friends son which is true.
His son was born in uk but according to my reasearch the child is still considered ‘Indian citizen’ since both parents were on temp visa’s.

My question is will i be able to sponser him to canada? I love him and he is an awesome guy. We are both in the same boat woth our divorced single parent lives. The only thing that scares me is being born and brought up in canada i know for a fact i can not stay in india for the rest of my life and could only go back and visit. Marriage is a big decision and its hard finding the right guy and he seems perfect. Also the marriage in uk , he does not have a divorce for that since he is not aware of the girl and whereabouts. How would that go?
Some agents had advised us when my dad did his visitors application not to include anything about uk and about the deportation, but we told the truth on the application since we didnt want to hide anything. Also there are no deportation stamps on his passport. To me it seems more like an order to leave. Please help me out.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ok so i have a complicated situation. Im a canadian by birth. Divorced. And have son. I sponsered my ex husband and he came to canada in 2010.
About my fiance:
2010 got a uk study visa for 2 years
2011 went back to india and got married to girl that was also on a 2 year study visa in uk.
2012 study visa ended but a uk lawyer told him he can get him permanent if he goes through a sham marriage with a uk girl and that it would cost money according to what the girl demands. He declined sonce he was already married and they said it will take time and money otherwise. He paid upfront for his case. 2013 - he was granted an extended visa
2013 - they had a son
2014 - he was caught while working and police asked him about his uk wife which he had no clue of. And then he was kept in detention gor 3 days and sent back to india with his ex and son. He was not charged and no criminal case was applied on him.
2015 - they seperated
2016 - he got work visa for uae for 2 years
2018 - he returned back to india
2018 - he got divorced
2018 - my dad filled a visitor application stating he is his friends son which is true.
His son was born in uk but according to my reasearch the child is still considered ‘Indian citizen’ since both parents were on temp visa’s.

My question is will i be able to sponser him to canada? I love him and he is an awesome guy. We are both in the same boat woth our divorced single parent lives. The only thing that scares me is being born and brought up in canada i know for a fact i can not stay in india for the rest of my life and could only go back and visit. Marriage is a big decision and its hard finding the right guy and he seems perfect. Also the marriage in uk , he does not have a divorce for that since he is not aware of the girl and whereabouts. How would that go?
Some agents had advised us when my dad did his visitors application not to include anything about uk and about the deportation, but we told the truth on the application since we didnt want to hide anything. Also there are no deportation stamps on his passport. To me it seems more like an order to leave. Please help me out.
I'm confused. First, you said he divorced in 2018 and then you said he does not have a divorce for the marriage in uk because he is not aware of the girl and whereabouts.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Sounds like he did go through with the sham marriage then. Did you sponsor anyone to come to Canada and if so when did they get PR?

Kjan1234

Dec 25, 2018
2010 he went to uk with 2 year study visa
2011 went back to india to visit
2012 uk study visa expired
2012 uk paper marriage the solicitor set up with some uk girl that he wasnt aware of.
2013 his real wife had her child in uk
2013 was granted a uk visa until 2018
2014 was caught becuz of fraudulent marriage and sent back to india. He explained he’s not aware and has a wife and child. They then sent the wife and child back as well with him. No charges no criminal case. No deportation stamp on passport. Maybe it was an order to leave and not a deportation. Im not aware. He has no idea where that uk girl is with whom that paper marriage was done and no divorce was taken until date.
2015 he seperatd from his real wife in india
2016 went to dubai on work permit
2018 returned to india
2018 he got a divorce from his real wife.

I got married in 2009 and then my husband came 2010 we seperated after my son was born in 2012 and got mh divorce November 2018

Hope i made more sense now.

Last edited:

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
2010 he went to uk with 2 year study visa
2011 went back to india to visit
2012 uk study visa expired
2012 uk paper marriage the solicitor set up with some uk girl that he wasnt aware of.
2013 his real wife had her child in uk
2013 was granted a uk visa until 2018
2014 was caught becuz of fraudulent marriage and sent back to india. He explained he’s not aware and has a wife and child. They then sent the wife and child back as well with him. No charges no criminal case. No deportation stamp on passport. Maybe it was an order to leave and not a deportation. Im not aware. He has no idea where that uk girl is with whom that paper marriage was done and no divorce was taken until date.
2015 he seperatd from his real wife in india
2016 went to dubai on work permit
2018 returned to india
2018 he got a divorce from his real wife.

I got married in 2009 and then my husband came 2010 we seperated after my son was born in 2012 and got mh divorce November 2018

Hope i made more sense now.
I can tell you right now that if you insist to marry this guy and file the application to sponsor him, it will be an uphill battle for both of you. It is so obvious that the guy and even his real wife were so desperate to gain residency in UK. It is unbelievable that how come a guy wasn't aware of the sham marriage, especially it was setup by solicitor, it must had some money involved. Also, when they were ordered (deported) from UK, it didn't matter if their passports were stamped or not, I believe that the UK immigration authorities should left records on their file, and since UK and Canada shares immigration information, be my guest, if you want to omit his UK immigration history.
If I were you, I would seriously review what this guy had done in UK, and think it twice before taking any action to marry and then sponsor him.

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Form IMM5669E of the sponsorship package : schedule A form., question 6E:

have you ever been refused admission to, ordered to leave, Canada, or any other country.

If he answered yes, Canada going to investigate what happened. Very good chance the will deny in ground s of "genuineness "

If he answered no. They will research anyways, they will find out, and he will be denied due to "misrepresentation"

I think you also mentioned that he hasn't divorced? How are you planning to marry a married man? Please think twice before trying to proceed with this.. It has red flags all over cit and rejection written all over it. Just my opinion. Good luck

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Does he have sole custody of his child? If he doesn't know where the mother is, he will need sole legal custody to move the child to Canada.

Kjan1234

Dec 25, 2018
He knows where the mother of the child is and yes he has sol custody of the child. But he isnt aware of the uk girl whom he was married to by the solicitor.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
He knows where the mother of the child is and yes he has sol custody of the child. But he isnt aware of the uk girl whom he was married to by the solicitor.
Your timeline still isn't clear. Did he get married in the UK before or after he got married in India?

Kjan1234

Dec 25, 2018
2011 he got married in india to a girl that was also in uk with a study permit(1)
2012 he was married to a uk citizen girl(that he has no contact of or no about her where abouts) (2)
2014 deported
2015 seperated from his wife (1)
2018 got custody of child from wife (1)
2018 got divorce wife(1)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
2011 he got married in india to a girl that was also in uk with a study permit(1)
2012 he was married to a uk citizen girl(that he has no contact of or no about her where abouts) (2)
2014 deported
2015 seperated from his wife (1)
2018 got custody of child from wife (1)
2018 got divorce wife(1)
Thanks. So he is legally divorced right now and his second marriage wasn't a legal one. He has a very messy background. I agree that sponsoring him to Canada will likely be complicated and you should expect an uphill battle. The marriage of convenience in the UK will come up in background checks and may create concerns whether your own marriage is genuine. Good chance you'd be looking at longer processing times and an interview to prove your relationship is genuine. Make sure you are 100% honest about all of his background in the application.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Since there seems to be quite a lot of desperation to immigrate just warning you that having a child with him will not help him immigrate. Many seem to think this will prove a genuine relationship and will help immigrate but that is not the case.

Kjan1234

Dec 25, 2018
No we are not planning to have a child. We both have sons so that gives us two kids already to take care of. Our wedding is going to be genuine. Just scared i dont want to be left in canada and him in india for the rest of our lives. Just worried about his second marriage which he never got a divorce from. I did ask my soon to be husband again and he told me that when was ordered to leave uk they said, ‘your marriage is not genuine so we are sending you back because you over stayed your visa.’

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No we are not planning to have a child. We both have sons so that gives us two kids already to take care of. Our wedding is going to be genuine. Just scared i dont want to be left in canada and him in india for the rest of our lives. Just worried about his second marriage which he never got a divorce from. I did ask my soon to be husband again and he told me that when was ordered to leave uk they said, ‘your marriage is not genuine so we are sending you back because you over stayed your visa.’
Yes he was attempting both bigamy and marriage fraud. Given his previous attempt at marriage fraud and deportation there will be concerns about his intentions.

Reactions: scylla