+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Second finger print request

moden88

Star Member
May 11, 2020
Hello everyone,
My fingerprints are going to expire soon. I am thinking to do it before IRCC requests it. My question that I need help with is the following:

Does the second request for fingerprints comes from the same office that initiated the first fingerprint request or it comes from the office that is currently processing my application.

thanks and good luck everyone

mark56

Star Member
Jun 20, 2016
Hello everyone,
My fingerprints are going to expire soon. I am thinking to do it before IRCC requests it. My question that I need help with is the following:

Does the second request for fingerprints comes from the same office that initiated the first fingerprint request or it comes from the office that is currently processing my application.

thanks and good luck everyone
Am assuming that you did the first FP through RCMP. Call RCMP to confirm the date they sent the fingerprint to IRCC. And add a webform request to IRCC to ask them if they have received the fingerprints or not (before re-doing it).

moden88

Star Member
May 11, 2020
Am assuming that you did the first FP through RCMP. Call RCMP to confirm the date they sent the fingerprint to IRCC. And add a webform request to IRCC to ask them if they have received the fingerprints or not (before re-doing it).
Yes, I did FP around a year ago. they did receive it and Background is completed. GCMS notes shows my fingerprint is going to expire soon, so I wanted to be proactive and send IRCC a new set finger print. The thing that I am not sure about is what office is going to ask for finger print, is it the same office that requested the FP in first time (vancouver in my case) or the office that is currently processing my application (scarborough in my case)